forclosure

got a crude question but it pertains to an old discussion i saw you lot were having on here about how alot of slang now reflects liquids (drip and so on)

What do you lot think of UK drills (as far as im concerned) obsession with piss? especially in regards to say who is or isnt on piss(man are always talking about how the ops aint on piss aswell as not doing any bootings)

Im surprised nobody has brought it up when talking about this genre.

Also only cause in certain circles they were considered a big deal where as i feel they are a grift and a novelty act more than anything curious to know your thoughts on the Hopedealers "gospel drill" and that

luka

That's a good question. Bodily fluids encourage a confusion about origin and meaning lovely liquid all over lotion blood piss semem lubricant saliva and everything gets sucked into vortex birth death orgasm

sadmanbarty

got a crude question but it pertains to an old discussion i saw you lot were having on here about how alot of slang now reflects liquids (drip and so on)

What do you lot think of UK drills (as far as im concerned) obsession with piss? especially in regards to say who is or isnt on piss(man are always talking about how the ops aint on piss aswell as not doing any bootings)

Im surprised nobody has brought it up when talking about this genre.

i remember luke texting this to me and us both thinking it was astonishingly astute.

the only angle on it i can rustle up so far is that it connects to drill's asexuality:

UK drill also lacks the sexual and material aspiration of mumble rap. “Wet” and “splash” are buzzwords in both genres, but their meanings differ. In US rap they refer to diamonds and female erotic fluids, whereas in UK drill they denote stabbing. Harlem Spartan’s ‘No Hook’ sees MizorMac subvert Migos’ boastful refrain “raindrops, drop tops” with the line “raindrops, gunshots on tops where I’m living”. AM typifies drill’s relative asexuality with lyrics like "I ain't that cute, yeah I ain't that buff [good looking]/Girls on me get minimal trust /That's minimal trust, minimal hugs/Girls on me get minimal love “. Where rappers would usually gloat about a sexual a partner’s good looks, ‘Kick Down Doors’ sees AM go to great lengths to stress just how ugly his is. The track is one of many to reference a particularly niche sexual pathology in which vaginal sex is habitually rejected in favor of receiving fellatio. For drill artists, violence acts as a kind of a surrogate sexuality. Weapons and conflict are referred to with suggestive and phallic terminology like, “long pole”, “stick”, “pump” and “poke”, so much so that AM refers to a gun as “celibate”. The word “neck” is employed frequently, both as a synonym for oral sex and in threats about where wounds will be inflicted. “Saucy” alludes to blood, but is also British slang for sexual playfulness. All of which reflects a wider apathy. Violence, as portrayed in US rap, is perpetrated in a Scarface-style struggle for wealth and women. These end-goals are largely absent from UK drill; there are no rewards in the conflicts on London’s streets.

they often talk about "skeet in her mouth" and all that. a real aversion to penetrative sex.

so it's all standing there with cock out, her on her knees and he's either getting head, coming on her or pissing. the penis is the knife, the bodily fluids are blood and the woman on the floor is surrender. so not only is violence a surrogate sexuality, but sexuality is a surrogate violence.

sadmanbarty

also worth mentioning the whole "shit like poo" thing.

they're obsessed with poo.

maybe the piss and the shit is just a manifestation of life's golden rule: in the absence of female energy blokes start playing with each other's shit.

fraternities and rugby and all that.

that's why i never trust people with brothers. all sorts of wrong stuff happens.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Please give examples of drillers being obsessed with poo.

BTW Of course they're obsessed with poo, they're teenagers!

Poo, wee, tits, bum, fart, draw a big willy on your science textbook

sadmanbarty

Not off the top of my head. It was one of those things like “diligent” or “10 toes” where everyone was saying it. Mimetic.

Moscow has a shit like poo.

Russ did at least once.

Pretty sure young uncs has a poo even if it wasn’t shit like poo.

Same for Harlem.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Can you give me examples (for my entertainment really) of drillers using British slang?

I love it when they say 'flippin' or whatever, especially when it collides with glamorous American slang.

'See me in the flippin' phantom, geezer looking drippy' or whatever...

CrowleyHead

Also we talking British or British British slangs b/c nobody in the US has used the word 'waps' to describe a gun (except Drake but he's a cultural colonizer to the point nobody cares they don't understand him)