FairiesWearBoots

ez, I've lurked for a while but signed up -

been checking grime for a few years and feeling a lot - but 'road rap'?
I know its real kids on postcodes/estates but I just cant see the appeal beyond that?
I like grime for the bars and the beats (well, earlier grime beats) cos it was different - not straight copies of US hip hop

But this just seems like weak Mobb Deep imitators (and many of them are biting Giggs)?

Is it really a new style of UKHH? School me

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Ian Brown digs it, tune off his new album is all Boomblast. Pretty good, but I like Ian Brown.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

mistersloane

But this just seems like weak Mobb Deep imitators (and many of them are biting Giggs)?

Is it really a new style of UKHH? School me

Welcome! You kinda summed it up really, it's a new style of UKHH in that UKHH was never truly gully, even in, say, Moorish Delta 7 or whatever, there was still this element of positivism which has been taken out in this wave. There's alot of emotion there but it's surrounding regret or the desire to be free, as opposed to aiming high.

They are all biting Giggs, but Youngsta's better than that though.

FairiesWearBoots

thanks! I admit it is all pretty gully and I do like raw HH, maybe its just getting used to listening to London emcee's on a trad HH beat again - will keep listening

mistersloane

thanks! I admit it is all pretty gully and I do like raw HH, maybe its just getting used to listening to London emcee's on a trad HH beat again - will keep listening

I can't defend it on the usual grounds, y'know, it's not really fresh, there's nothing particularly innovative about it; for me it's just such a change to not hear people sound like they're living inside a computer game. Grime lost its sadness, and that was always why I liked it, and all these new mixtapes have got those descending chord patterns which are just really sad, solo piano riffs and all that. I love hearing violence over sad sounds, it's as close to perfect a combination as I can think of, for me it sums up being male.

Pictures look a bit weird and out of proportion but I don't care.

33941736.jpg

http://rapidshare.com/files/272690138/RRP01D1.rar
30747164.jpg

http://rapidshare.com/files/272692530/RRP01D2.rar

No Dubz because I couldn't find the CD. He sounds like he's crying most of the time anyway. No Morrison because I think he's rubbish. Tried to limit the Giggs stuff because you should know about him.

A lot of the CDs these come from are hosted so you'll have random bits of "DJ" chatter over them. You get that used to that, or I do.

If you want I'll do a list of the albums/mixtapes/DVDs these tunes are on and whatnot. Happy to do a second if you like these two. Obviously there's an awful lot more out there than I've put on this.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Nice one slackk. I have the sneaking suspicion I might think all this stuff is shit, but I'm going to be patient with it and see if anything happens.

Amicose

Majorly in favor here of a list of the mixtapes this stuff's derived from. Shotted da Shotters has been on constant rotation here for about nine hours.

Benny Bunter

This is one of the main reasons why I go on dissensus. People keeping on top of developments so that I don't have to. On the download now, thanks

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Nice - thank you.

Choosing hip hop over grime - guess you gotta have a choice to make. Can see why some people don't like grime.