luka

Love it. Too good. How can Crowley say that Taze is not much better than anyone in New York? Crowley recant. We will forgive you.

sadmanbarty

the new york drill is rap put on top of the beats. the two aren't particularly pertinent to one another. they don't really interact. no symbiosis.

whereas the uk mc's are very much responding and mimimicing the snare patterns and all that.

not saying that necessarily makes one better than the other, but it is a difference.

luka

lol how's that not saying one is not better than the other you just said they can't do music

sadmanbarty

i'll openly admit that drill hasn't really evolved much in the last 2 years. however, i'd say that 2018 saw a lot more serpentine bass than 2017.

and as we all know this was all the producer's year 7 anthem:

luka

Terrible though, both those things. appreciate you're just highlighting one specific aspect of production. Mash up your bludclaart face

luka

I can imagine Russ and Taze on pirate combinating blows to your nose for two hours straight, recycling lyrics like they do anyway, having fun, answering the phones. Harlem Spartans, not really can imagine it

luka

That thing of MCing is disappearing. Get on mic, say your bits over whatever music, all night. That ancient hallowed tradition going down the drain.

sadmanbarty

this is the best quintessentially drill. absolutely devoid of defining characteristics. solely rhythmic intrigue

Last edited: