Simon78

Just been down the SN1 shop. They didn't have any S.I stuff which is what I went down for but they are trying to get it back in.

No PYG either but they are recording at the moment and it should be done in about a month.

I bought Cut Above The Rest & the Soka Beats cd's, not had a listen to them yet though.

Anyone seen any S.I cd's about anywhere?

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
No Dubz because I couldn't find the CD. He sounds like he's crying most of the time anyway. No Morrison because I think he's rubbish.

Much thanks for this Slackk gonna check it out; lol @ yr Dubz quote but he's done a few good tracks - Riding Season and Path I'm Travelling On I liked, but yeah the CD isn't a keeper. Morrison is rubbish though, you're right on it on that one.

luka

morrison is rubbish but theres a great video on youtube where he displays the most painfully self-conscious collection of tics and jerks possible. i will find it later.

luka

theres some great stuff on cd2. im going to download cd 1 now. boom blass or whatever his name is is really good. shame those kids are all pretty shit, but most u.s mcs have been shit for years now and still make great records.

luka

tempman has got a little dizzee/demon strained thing going on which at least is different, in this context at any rate. young spray is pretty awful. very few of them can stay on beat for more than a few bars at a time and as i said before no one apart from giggs has a memorable voice or any presence whatsoever. but i like the overblown, bombasticness (bombast-boomblast!) of it. the meglamania which as everyone said is more heatmakers than mobb deep.

gremino

Moster Sirphine
According to this thread most of the mcs were garage/grime mcs before moving to road rap.

I know this is exhausting, but I just can't help myself than say the word 'nuum.

(apologies)

:D

luka

i know what you're saying. i like the fact that they're young too. makes a change from all the middle-aged americans.

continuum

smugpolice
Cheers for the road rap cds slackk. Listened to the second one and half way through the first at the moment. Some of the lyrics are really good. Prefer this to *shock* grime at the moment.

Benny Bunter

Really enjoying some of the stuff on these cds Slackk, thanks. Joe Black, Konan & Krept and Youngsta are my favourites so far. I'm making a resolution not to compare it unfavorably to grime from now on and just take it for what it is, I'll enjoy it more that way I think.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Been listening to CD1 (slackk) a bit over the last few days - Track 16 and 10 = danger, proper mad detuned bass hits / grimey strings etc.

As others have mentioned a lot of the MCs aren't that great, it's the beats that kill it.

luka

ive only fully digested volume 2. the ones i really rate are

1)akkie listen
2)shut down
3)crime scene
4)tef and mef
5)shotted the shotters
6)ice cream man
7)jungle bricks

in roughly that order.