Page 67 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1045

Thread: Road Rap

Best drill track ive heard in a while

one of the busses from my Gym goes through Farm so i recognize all the spots in this video,aint been there since i was in nursery so was a strange vibe being in there

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WebEschatology For This Useful Post:

Axl Beats is English, does a lot of uk stuff but also all this Brooklyn stuff.

Someone should interview him Asap. If I was Crowley or whoever I would email him this minute and get it done. He's only got about 400 followers on Twitter it's interesting

A lot of these guys are surprisingly hard to get ahold of. I was messaging various producers all over their youtubes/twitters/listed emails for articles way back when and I couldn't get any replies.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CrowleyHead For This Useful Post:

I guess not everyone has bought into the PR model.

I probably should've hit people up on their instagram in retrospect.

I tell you who I have come to probably like the most and that is
    Taze. In some ways he's less of a break from the past, so maybe liking him best is a conservative choice. If you watch his behind bars for instance it doesn't seem like such a leap from grime days

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    kind of funny with the little differences - I was just mindlessly scrolling and saw the thumbnail on the video and thought, 'huh, they're dressing like Americans', and lo and behold ...

Have a listen to this one with Taze and the top Brooklyn guy. Taze is obviously much better but also just want to communicate what it is about Taze I like

All the Brooklyn drill lot are West Indian I think. More so than the Lobdon lot. Seen some comments saying Taze is Sheff Gs cousin. Anyway

Relevant in that according to barti the big difference between Chicago drill and uk drill, apart from tempo, is the tresillo Rythm, the dancehall pulse. He said David drake was too dumb to notice this fundamental difference but it would help explain why the Brooklyn lot use the uk template and producers

Yeah, you know the Brooklyn Drill rappers are all West Indian b/c they never act like it. Every Brooklyn Rapper who's ever affected a patois has no trace of that ancestry, it's a fundamental law. It's why you never heard Biggie speak in that accent beside one verse.

Also gonna take umbrage w/ this "Taze > Sheff G" talk both these men are doing the fundamental idealized versions of each areas flows for drill.

This one a beat jack from a Moscow 17 record, can't remember which but it takes the Migos Triplet while allowing for a lot more swing than the London tautness.

Its a scientific fact that zoo goes up four or five levels when Taze comes on for the simple fact that the energy transmission is much more direct, a lot less 'lossy'

I don't think Taze has the platonic uk drill flow either. I think it's it's own thing. I think of Bartys favourite Mizormac as being more archetypal. Or the Moscow lot. Flatter and more linear.