woops

is not like other people
the humour's totally gone from this music hasn't it, a lot of the grime guys would be up for saying something funny in and amongst

luka

Yeah that's why it looked so ridiculous particularly in the early days and why it could only have been a product of south London.

catalog

the humour's totally gone from this music hasn't it, a lot of the grime guys would be up for saying something funny in and amongst
This is basically what I think of when I listen to drill. It's so unrelentingly grim and also so hard to understand lyrically, whereas grime was more accessible and had a little bit of something else to it, some humour.

Im convinced with drill it's also because I've not got the right way of listening yet.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I think there's humour in it it's just harder to discern cos its delivered in a deadpan way.

Giggs is funnier than most rappers I've heard. In a very deadpan English manner.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
The production is generally quite melancholy, miserable though, I'll say that.

That's not a bad thing necessarily though - look at "The Infamous". Hardly a laugh a minute was it?

catalog

I think I need to hear in loads of different places, it needs to be background. Out of cars, on buses, in shops. Off kids phones. Thar is something I miss about London n nut I suppose it's gone for the moment anyway

catalog

The production is generally quite melancholy, miserable though, I'll say that.

That's not a bad thing necessarily though - look at "The Infamous". Hardly a laugh a minute was it?
ive actually been listening to the infamous quite a lot and it's really good. i mean one key difference between that and drill is that you can understand what he's on about quite well, after a few listens, and it sounds convincing, whereas most drill just doesn't have that.

catalog

harlem spartans a bit. the odd tune posted on here. i tried to listen to a top 10 or 20 that barty posted a while back but had to give up.

luka

Take a load of ecstasy get naked and stay up all night listening to it you have to listen to it totally nude or it doesn't make sense