unclerico

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

the beat is sick

just checked the youtube comments out and the beat is the one off Back to the Crib by Juelz Santana ft Chris Brown

i like this guy on the beat better than the original, the beat sounds great

road rap has completely surpassed grime for me at the moment

i think mistersloane is on the money when he talks about the sorrow and violence combination - i think grime has lost its gravitas and has descended into a parody of itself, the only grime tunes i play nowadays are the classics - its at such an uncomfortable point what with people making it big and abandoning it - the scene just doesnt have any life in it right now

look at road rap, theres a crew for every estate, every road, theres a sense of energy and collective movement which grime used to symbolize - and thats even more attractive than the music

i dont think its a question of a regressive sonic aesthetic, i think road rap is a unifying musical force for a lot of people at the moment, and thats whats good about it

but where can i hear road rap being played out? i doubt there are many events going on

bandshell

Grand High Witch
Road rap seems alright, not really blown away by any of the stuff I've heard though. That John Wayne tune near the beginning of this thread is cool.

continuum

smugpolice
is this road rap?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

continuum

smugpolice
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

is this road rap?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mashtown are on it, from Hackney ways but this is a more commercial thing than tbey'd normally do. Thought you watched enough videos to know that.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Crime Scene by them is bad :

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

thanks for the grime forum heads up

just checking the morrisson appreciation thread, i cant believe you guys dont rate morrisson! he's too sick