trilliam

serious food for thought and appreciated as well

that last point is one of my only reasons for doing this and is going on my twitter headboard if it fits

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
Enjoying this Cairns Hill album/compilation(?) thingy (as featured on warm n easy, not able to access the article on my work computer though)

I like this guy K Trap

Last edited:

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
2 spanners with 1000 nails
i feel like a handyman

I have no idea what this means but it sounds good

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
excuse me, W&E wrote about another album by Carns Hill 'The Blueprint' http://www.warmneasy.com/features/album-review-carns-hill-blueprint/

Wondering if there are sound-memes or whatever the hell you'd call it in road rap as there were in grime - sounds that one producer uses that become a craze for a while?

Also, there are some interesting voices on these compilations - not the stereotypical emotionally stunted teenager voices

Nana Dams e.g.

Last edited:

luka

yeah thats a kid putting on a deep voice it's not the real old testament rockstone. you can tell cos it doesnt have the lungs in it. same as abra. i blame giggs. rikos got the real one but hes about 40 years old now.

CrowleyHead

i blame giggs.

It's the masked kid from 67, LD, more likely. He's got that Man In The Iron Mask face and the super deep voice even though he's 26 or so, constantly delivers every line like he's preaching something of more value than shooting people. Everyone else goes for menacing snarls or whatever and it's very much nerd put ons when you hear their actual voices but with him it's literally just having a perfect voice for rap (meanwhile everyone else in the crew usually sounds like a teenager who got drunk and pushed into a both by his mates. You can literally tell on that first tape that guys were rapping for the very first time there.)

trilliam

hate radar and their love of home counties white chicks/chicken shop dates and all that shit

they probably gonna build a home for road rap this year, cringe

sadmanbarty

Around new year I was pessimistic about drill's prospects. partly that was just cause i'd been non-stop listening to it but i think it was getting stale. i'm a bit more excited now though, there are a few options of where it can go.

it could get more afrobashment influenced

it could get druggy

it could go girly

it could go dancy

i'll tentatively say that london could be more interesting than atlanta this year.

luka

if you like roads and you like rap then you'll love road rap

Last edited:

sadmanbarty

i don't know what editorial constraints you have but i'd like to see a couple of things. 1) more you. you're funny, you're irreverent, you're not particularly swayed by the consensus (on here at least). take a stand if you feel there's one to be taken. don't emphasise the industry aspects of if you do, show us why that's interesting to you. 2) make it feel it's about something bigger. it's not just a mixtape; it's confirmation that nigerian pit patter is the beating heart of london or that conservative gang culture is about to embark on a codeine induced psychedelic adventure. use the review as an excuse to talk about whatever you want to (reynolds does that a lot).

that's not to say it's not good, i just think you have more potential.