glasshand

dj panic attack

c biz is back on the scene after the murder case got thrown out

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/oliver-tet...-cleared-murder-after-trial-collapses-1600270

the trial sounds like a shitshow - prosecution referring to a social media post c biz supposedly made about getting revenge. i vaguely remember the post being a screenshot or something that ppl were saying was fake at the time.

c biz clearly not about to let anything go with bars about church road and nines' brother

stolen from one of the comments on youtube:
"She told me her bf from cr I fucked it she Callin him 2nd best" 2:41

"Catch a nigga in the barber shop, wig a nigga like ZINO" 2:48

glasshand

dj panic attack
on a more positive tip this doc is really impressive and focused mostly on ldn rap rather than the grime hype. wide variety of ppl in there, not just wheeling out skepta/stormzy for some surface questions like you'd have on a branded content type thing. this nathan dude went hard

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Really like this guy AM. I quite like the standard issue monotone road rap style but it's guys with standout voices like AM, LD, Abra and of course Giggs who really stick out.

CrowleyHead

As a wise man once said "They hated on Jesus too..."

The 410 camp in particular are picking drums that are incredibly irregular, that one "Diligent" tune someone posted here not too long ago and compared to jungle vibes was not surprisingly far off? As MCs they don't do much with that but it shows just how much more rhythmically complex the Road Rappers of this generation are. A bunch of them are the kids of grime in fact, so it makes sense that compared to the stiffness of Giggs they're demonstrating a comparative looseness.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mOi7q3FYid0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mazzamurda, who did a bunch of 410 stuff did this 86 (a crew loosely affiliated with 67) tune, and its crazy how the 86 kids have a sense of rhyming alongside not the drum pattern but to the drum embellishments that Mazza loves to try. Whereas just a year before that, most of the rappers are rapping to the 'grooves' of the orchestral sample bits.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Pq3_3Mb36z4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Example

And if you don't believe the connection to grime for this generation of road rap's there... Lemme tell you

OH IT'S THERE.

CrowleyHead

Truly interesting how they tried to get a diverse collection of subjects to interview beyond obvious names. Though I imagine those are also people who have relationships with Noisey (specifically Section Boyz).

Also, he tries bless his heart, but people ragging on Mike Skinner's Bedtime Story voice are hilariously righteous.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
As a wise man once said "They hated on Jesus too..."

"The 410 camp in particular are picking drums that are incredibly irregular, that one "Diligent" tune someone posted here not too long ago and compared to jungle vibes was not surprisingly far of"

Yeah that was me

trilliam

are you guys aware of the unreal amount of podcasts there are now coming from the uk scene(s), shining light on old legends, behind the scenes working and such and such and such

if not make yourselves aware or i will post links when i get to work.

(when i say scenes i mean grime, funky, rap etc)

trilliam

we're a real infrastructure and some respectable journalism away from having a legitimate problem on our hands imo

then again

ive been wrong in the past ;)