Corpsey

bandz ahoy
At least they have evolved past the giggs flow. Not even giggs does the giggs flow anymore. I'll pay attention when they throw up a few stars. People with charisma who force you to pay attention

this is interesting too the 'charisma' thing cos a lot of the stuff i've heard from this genre is almost anti-charismatic. I guess that's the Giggs flow! Sounding emotionally flat.

Said this before but I prefer in grime where the MCs used to all have their catcphrases, their flows, their weird voices...

luka

Mobb Deep are emotionally flat but magnetic. Rakim is emotionally flat but magnetic.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Ambition I agree is what is needed but ripping off that American flow isn't ambitious IMO I realise though you're talking about more than that LD tune

Trim has that emotional flatness and he's compelling. I wonder if it's mostly tha voice, or that the lyrics are so witty and distinctive. As you say, Rakim has a different kind of charisma. Again, a brilliant voice (and one of a kind) and of course the rhythms and rhyme schemes...

CrowleyHead

Its weird, I really don't hear these guys as sounding like anything we do, but I guess Luka and Corpsey don't hear it as British as say Grime does somehow.

luka

Trap as an aesthetic is the most tired thing happening in music. It’s basically dubstep at this point. And rapping about selling dope is not cool generally, except when it’s done in an especially clever or emotionally resonant way but neither of those things seem to happen much lately.

Up and comers need to stop filling ziploc baggies with baking soda and watching Youtube tutorials about hi hat rolls and instead try to make/say something original.

Got it from tumblin' erb.

i heard LD on Hot 97 on Sunday night that was pretty weird

dave's fire in the booth is ridiculous when he gets going

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Just been reading on a US rap forum that Nines had his boys rob C Biz and then one of them got shot in a drive by. :eek:

luka

They won't last long. Police will shut them down and you lot will have a new gang of petty criminals to watch on youtube. Bit sad really