trilliam

I thought it was because of the influence of jeezy/rick Ross etc which is obviously there since they use trap beats but actually I feel like trap beats have caught on in ldn rap due to how well they fit with that London way of speaking.

As a writer about rap music it has weirdly not occurred to me how the way ppl talk in a region must feed into how they rap. Rap technique is often viewed as something that's developed entirely consciously, like its been drawn up diagrammatically. It would be interesting to compare rappers flows to how they speak conversationally.

with jeezy n rick ross i mean they were big artists round 07/09 but in terms of stylistic influence id downplay that

i mean around that time most guys were going over really old east coast (alchemist, heatmakerz) beats or homegrown productions (boomblast, uni-vs, dirty saj for most of giggs/sn1s stuff) anyway

as far as trap beats go these days everyone is rhyming over them, as far as influencing uk rappers to use trap beats id say the chiraq wave was much more a factor than jeezy/ross

not to say everyone (not me) wasnt listening to jeezy/ross in 07/09 cause they were

Glacial 718

🍉 🍉 🍉

it is unfortunate that Swift seems to be moving away from the temper tantrum thing he was doing to some calm nothing flow; the new tape sounds really samey compared to the previous

still good though.

Ach!

Turd on the Run
LD (in the mask) from 67 is my favourite right now; a couple of the crew's videos are reaching well over a million views even though the content is dark as hell. Their producer Carns Hill is consistently interesting too.

CrowleyHead

The whole crew honestly improved rapidly. LD's still the best by light years (which is crazy because the kid Dimzy's been rapping good for years and years, but is v. stagnant, and you can tell that most of these guys just decided to learn how to rap).

Trilliam used to talk about a bunch of up and comers in Road Rap... There's a guy who occasionally collabs with 67 named Reekz and he's suprisingly popular but not in a 67 way.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qo6gJM4NWQQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

One of the guys Trilliam mentioned I sorta/kinda kept up with was Young Tribez.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/27U5m0iOYW0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

luka

LD (in the mask) from 67 is my favourite right now; a couple of the crew's videos are reaching well over a million views even though the content is dark as hell. Their producer Carns Hill is consistently interesting too.

i dont really bother this scene cos i rather listen to the real thing but this beat is fucked

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
i dont really bother this scene cos i rather listen to the real thing but this beat is fucked

Yeah, this sounds like a Brit doing an American flow to me.

'Let's Lurk' is a banger though...

Trap sound is almost played out in US rap now but the British voices make this stuff still novel enough.

Last edited:

luka

At least they have evolved past the giggs flow. Not even giggs does the giggs flow anymore. I'll pay attention when they throw up a few stars. People with charisma who force you to pay attention