CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
i. 2) make it feel it's about something bigger. it's not just a mixtape; it's confirmation that nigerian pit patter is the beating heart of london or that conservative gang culture is about to embark on a codeine induced psychedelic adventure. use the review as an excuse to talk about whatever you want to (reynolds does that a lot).

this can be good but it can also be laboured and pretentious (see most of my writing lolll)

trilliam

who are you writing for? insiders? tourists?

Both

i don't know what editorial constraints you have but i'd like to see a couple of things. 1) more you. you're funny, you're irreverent, you're not particularly swayed by the consensus (on here at least). take a stand if you feel there's one to be taken. don't emphasise the industry aspects of if you do, show us why that's interesting to you. 2) make it feel it's about something bigger. it's not just a mixtape; it's confirmation that nigerian pit patter is the beating heart of london or that conservative gang culture is about to embark on a codeine induced psychedelic adventure. use the review as an excuse to talk about whatever you want to (reynolds does that a lot).

that's not to say it's not good, i just think you have more potential.

Appreciate this mate some real good advice

luka

make sure it's not boring. that's the crux of it really. read it and dont ask, is that good writing? ask, is that boring? how can i make it less boring? when youre writing youre the teacher at the front of the class so how do you hold their attention and make them respect you? you can intimidate, you can ingratiate whatever, doesnt really matter.

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
I like this Golden Boot tune

I hit shots from far like Roberto Carlos
All I do is organise orders, come like I work in Argos

Also

Just done a whole night shift and all now they're still calling
T-house looking all scary, have you ever watched Conjuring?

I appreciate how he rhymes 'con-jooring' with 'still calling' which is sort of a cheat but also sort of clever

sadmanbarty

it's no doubt 'changing-same' music, but that's what (when i'm at my most enamoured with it) i find so exciting about it. it's taken it's musical cues from lots of high energy music and turned them completely on their head to create this ethereal, disembodied, mediative music. that fact that most of the tracks sound the same; the same mumbling mcing, the same drums, the same piano lend to the music's mantra feel. it's womb music. listen to it the way you would listen to eno's 'on land' rather than how you'd listen if it was grime.

lol. yeah lined paper please.
'spartans dip like custard creams'

chocolate darlings custard creams

it could be christopher biggins

i secretly like this music now. i find it soothing. all those quiet voices
and low key instrumentals.

it occupies this specific sonic range thats very calming

Corpsey rightly mocked me for saying it’s like eno/ambient music, but i was in to something.

Sent from my iPhone

yeah there's no doubt and the voices fit into that too. not many spiky voices or raised
cracking voices. soft edges. blurry.

The dissolution of the self into gang anonymity. Meditation for the man dem.

Sent from my iPhone

the group identity. the refusal of the face.

'only white men have faces'
delueze and guattari

easy this innit

social psychedelia

luka

some little kids asked me to do a uk drill poem at work today.
they fucking loved it too. went down a treat.

craner

Beast of Burden
Loski is coming to Bar Cocoa in Barry on the weekend:

https://www.fatsoma.com/mobile/products/1ihtzkig

Not sure what the Barrybados guys and gals will do with the whole Peckham vendettas / balaclava Met Police "no face, no case" / "mumbling about knives" @ Luka thing, but they're coming here one month after Toff from Made in Chelsea....

luka

everybodys got to make a living. you should get down there. get a selfie with the lad.

craner

Beast of Burden
You're not allowed in if you wear glasses and can quote Ezra Pound, so sadly Loski will not meet me.

Shame, though, I was going to have a word with him: ditch the knives, get laid by a posh blonde and relax on a beach in Greece.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
it's all very boring in terms of the productions and sonics. like 5 years behind America.

Not disagreeing with you (I haven't been keeping up with US rap and certainly have heard fuck all drill) but could you give some examples of US rap that's sonically 5 years ahead?