STN

sou'wester
Liking the youtube stuff. Is SN1 a physical shop?

I could never really get into Diplomats, it's all seemed really lame and chugging, but maybe I should reinvestigate? The albums are pretty patch aren't they?

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
so is this an exclusively south-east london thing? and is it a completely different scene from grime or do they bleed into each other (i saw skepta and giggs had a tune together, but that doesn't really count given giggs' profile)

skepta counts as 'real' cos of his wanker friends, I'd like to know how Little Dee or Dot Rotten get on with all of them.

Simon78

This was bound to happen as a reaction to fassy house. Will be around for a long time as an alternative to Grime for those that dont like that. Will never be as big as Grime though.

Yeah, its not club music is it. I have it on at work or on the bus. It is all you hear coming out of cars, flats, mobile phones and on the backseat of the bus in South London though.

edit: Track 9 did get played in clubs quite a bit when it came out.

@STN yeah its Unit 24, 48 rye lane market, Peckham. They also sell the cd's at Reckless which I think is in East Ham?, Dark N Cold in Soho or UK Recordshop online.

Last edited:

mistersloane

get into Diplomats, it's all seemed really lame and chugging, but maybe I should reinvestigate? The albums are pretty patch aren't they?

Yeah very patchy, Diplomatic Immunity was the big one (I really mean it!), but there were good tracks by Cam'ron and Juelz Santana as well. Jim Jones was weak. I like the Purple City stuff, other Harlem stuff coming out at the time : Paris to Purple City is good, mainly for the beats and the fact it's got French rappers on it. This is so great

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
"We speaking French, you heard me motherfucker?!"

Dipset and French rap is a good fit - both have that bombastic element, seemingly the same with this SE London stuff too.

gumdrops

i need to hear more of this really.

giggs i think is actually a bit crap but strangely compulsive. cant quite put my finger on it.

its not just d block/dipset, its jeezy, TI and all that too. esp with the beats.

ive heard more teenagers blasting this than i ever heard grime on buses/from phones.

mistersloane

"We speaking French, you heard me motherfucker?!"

Dipset and French rap is a good fit - both have that bombastic element, seemingly the same with this SE London stuff too.

Like Meth said on Ice Cream "Oui Oui motherfucker, and all that good shit"

Love it when Americans do French, it makes my tummy tickle.

luka

s.london is such a fucking weird twilight zone. it feels like a differnt city. a more parochial paranoid one.

mistersloane

s.london is such a fucking weird twilight zone. it feels like a differnt city. a more parochial paranoid one.

It's the real endz fam. It's more friendly, and more people know each other all across so it could seem parochial. It's more paranoid cos our weed is like 5 times the strength of that shit you call pif over the river ;)

Simon78

It's the real endz fam. It's more friendly, and more people know each other all across so it could seem parochial. It's more paranoid cos our weed is like 5 times the strength of that shit you call pif over the river ;)

We have got a pop up cafe on top of the abandoned car park in Peckham at the moment. Not sure if they play Road Rap there though :D

http://www.frankscafe.org.uk/

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images...248100361474/Franks-Cafe--Campari-Bar-001.jpg

http://www.timeout.com/img/10022822/w310/image.jpg

luka

im only talking east of whitechapel obviously. and your weed is no way better! east is flooded in a way you wouldn't understand. i got people in peckham and camberwell and so on.... i know these things, i've researched them!

luka

im not knocking it though. just saying its very very weird. specially if you get down to places like catford.