Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where should I go in Barcelona?

Default Where should I go in Barcelona?

I'm booked to go on a trip to Barcelona with a few mates in mid October. It's 10 years since I last visited the place, I am well out of the game. Where should we head for great food, fine drinking and a legendary night out?

I hear La Rambla has taken a serious turn for the worst since my last visit. Cock-grabbing, shrieking crack whores and footpads. Or is all that overblown?

I went there for the Primavera festival back in the, er, primavera (well worth the trip,I think), so didn't do so much going out in the town itself....but, La Rambla is a shadow of what I remember from visiting as a teenager, and i wouldn't even bother going. Barceloneta is cool for little seafood restaurants ((tho stay away from the beachfront ones, which are obv tourist traps), and Parc Guell is a great Gaudifest.

Thanks for that.

One thing I remember about the backstreets is that they don't give much away - there could be any number of bars, courtyards or restaurants hiding behind those crumbling, graffed facades.

Can't say La Rambla was too spesh when I was there a few years ago (though I managed not to get cock-grabbed), but the big food market to (I think) the west of it was deep. Massive fresh prawns and a glass of cava, followed by proper Catalan creme brule with a wonderful hard sugary crust on top. Oh yeah.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

I seem to remember running down la rambla shouting "help me" while a prostitute held on to my crotch for dear life when I was thewre in december.

good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Can't say La Rambla was too spesh when I was there a few years ago (though I managed not to get cock-grabbed), but the big food market to (I think) the west of it was deep. Massive fresh prawns and a glass of cava, followed by proper Catalan creme brule with a wonderful hard sugary crust on top. Oh yeah.
    I've never made it inside the food market down that end. The entrance was guarded by a powerful woman in blue with crossed arms, stout thighs and a brusque manner last time, she put me right off.

But this talk of prawn gigantism and sugary crusts... she can get fucking knotted this time round.
    Last edited by HMGovt; 08-09-2009 at 04:32 PM.

its a boring place and stinks. feels like a third world coutntry.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    its a boring place and stinks. feels like a third world coutntry.
    I suggested Berlin, but somehow Barcelona won the day.

That's the kind of thing that happens when a dozy cunt's in charge.

No suggestions for a club, late bar so far. Is the whole place a shower of bastards then?

Quote Originally Posted by HMGovt View Post
    I suggested Berlin, but somehow Barcelona won the day.

That's the kind of thing that happens when a dozy cunt's in charge.

No suggestions for a club, late bar so far. Is the whole place a shower of bastards then?
    shit, met a guy from barcelona last night, but was too pissed to remember this thread at that point. The shame, etc.

Yeah, Berlin wins that battle any day.

The Joan Miro museum is great, as is the Mies Van Der Rohe pavillion.

for the record
    gaudi is some kitsch bullshit

It's the Brian Sewell of Sydney.

Luka's so sexy when he hates everything.

Just go mullet-spotting. Barcelona is the bad hair capital of the known universe.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Luka's so sexy when he hates everything.
    I really wouldn't tell him that...

no craner is right, dont encourage me