Where should I go in Barcelona?

I'm booked to go on a trip to Barcelona with a few mates in mid October. It's 10 years since I last visited the place, I am well out of the game. Where should we head for great food, fine drinking and a legendary night out?

I hear La Rambla has taken a serious turn for the worst since my last visit. Cock-grabbing, shrieking crack whores and footpads. Or is all that overblown?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I went there for the Primavera festival back in the, er, primavera (well worth the trip,I think), so didn't do so much going out in the town itself....but, La Rambla is a shadow of what I remember from visiting as a teenager, and i wouldn't even bother going. Barceloneta is cool for little seafood restaurants ((tho stay away from the beachfront ones, which are obv tourist traps), and Parc Guell is a great Gaudifest.

Thanks for that.

One thing I remember about the backstreets is that they don't give much away - there could be any number of bars, courtyards or restaurants hiding behind those crumbling, graffed facades.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Can't say La Rambla was too spesh when I was there a few years ago (though I managed not to get cock-grabbed), but the big food market to (I think) the west of it was deep. Massive fresh prawns and a glass of cava, followed by proper Catalan creme brule with a wonderful hard sugary crust on top. Oh yeah.

Immryr

I seem to remember running down la rambla shouting "help me" while a prostitute held on to my crotch for dear life when I was thewre in december.

good times.

Can't say La Rambla was too spesh when I was there a few years ago (though I managed not to get cock-grabbed), but the big food market to (I think) the west of it was deep. Massive fresh prawns and a glass of cava, followed by proper Catalan creme brule with a wonderful hard sugary crust on top. Oh yeah.

I've never made it inside the food market down that end. The entrance was guarded by a powerful woman in blue with crossed arms, stout thighs and a brusque manner last time, she put me right off.

But this talk of prawn gigantism and sugary crusts... she can get fucking knotted this time round.

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I suggested Berlin, but somehow Barcelona won the day.

That's the kind of thing that happens when a dozy cunt's in charge.

No suggestions for a club, late bar so far. Is the whole place a shower of bastards then?

shit, met a guy from barcelona last night, but was too pissed to remember this thread at that point. The shame, etc.

Yeah, Berlin wins that battle any day.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Luka's so sexy when he hates everything.

Just go mullet-spotting. Barcelona is the bad hair capital of the known universe.

This trip is looking like it will be a proper fuck-cluster. Bad hair, kitsch architecture, banditry and syphilis. The only fun offered up: gawping at inane daubings and a measly band stand.

Dissenus != Tripadvisor

Leo

wtf, right?

i actually have friends on both side of the issue. one is an american-born (from spanish parents) guy who moved to barcelona 25+ years ago and married a catalan who is strongly behind independence. the other are an english couple and young son who moved there about five years ago and believe things were fine as is, almost like they see it as a brexit equivalent where all "sensible" people want to remain but certain catalan politicians and nationalists groups are pushing to leave.

whatever happens, it's probably not going to be pretty.

Last edited: