Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: r&b

Quote Originally Posted by gragy10
    Major thanks to David for that Bobby Valentino track - I'm guessing that's Timbaland on the beat, but either way it's one of the best things I've heard this year. Just when I was losing any faith in Timbaland as well...
    I don't think its actually timbaland, he gives a shoutout to "Tim and Bob" as his producers - I could be wrong though, "Tim" could be Timbaland. It definitely bears the mark of his influence.

My favorite John Legend song is actually "Live it Up," lush and gourgeous philly soul.

my current faves are

one thing, still
    that re-edit of mighty by tye tribbet that's currently floating around
    and mr johnnie walker by tiombe lockheart, which is produced by bilal

Don't forget R Kelly's Sex in the Kitchen!

The Amerie track hooked me when I first got it but I change the station when it comes on lately.

In rewinds, I'm all about Aaliyah's "Miss You" lately for a variety of reasons.

Default Bilal

Quote Originally Posted by hint
    and mr johnnie walker by tiombe lockheart, which is produced by bilal
    Has Bilal been up to anything much recently in terms of his own stuff? Heard his track 'Bring 2' on The Wash soundtrack and it was awesome... so checked out that album (Second First Born or whatever) and was pretty underwhelmed. Likewise most of the guests I've heard... Tweet, Kweli, etc. although his track with Common is nice.

He just gets a bit shrieky a lot of the time.

For all I know there's a few albums, etc...

Sex in the Kitchen is so great!

Take that how you will.

the award for best new r&b sng from the stratford area goes to kele le roc's new one, something about getting you naked

i could definitely see myself getting annoyed by the amerie if i had a tv or drove to work.

which track on the DC did 9th wonder produce?

that raphael saadiq album that squeaked out unnoticed last year is actually pretty hot in places.

Quote Originally Posted by hint
    Bizarre - I wasn't that keen on any of the other stuff listed on that resume, but the bobby valentino track seems like a major step forward. Like David said, major Timbaland influence going on. Haven't decided on Sex In The Kitchen yet - I figure it's basically great and I realise the lyrics are an easy target but they really are laughable.
    Anyone got any 7 Aurelius (or is it the other way around) tracks to recommend? Hush is one of the best things I've heard in the last 6 months (Discovery era Daft Punk going r&b was always gonna win me over) and I know he ghosted most of the big murder inc singles for Irv Gotti but other than that I don't know what else he's done. Noticed he's been taken under the Roc 4 Life umbrella so i guess more'll be heard from him soon
    I think 9th Wonder did a couple of tracks on the DC album; Girls and ... another. Quite a nice remix of Girls going round with Sean Price on it that's claiming to be a 9th wonder job, although the drums sound a bit too nice

Quote Originally Posted by believekevin
    In rewinds, I'm all about Aaliyah's "Miss You" lately for a variety of reasons.
    I've always loved that song.

Quote Originally Posted by dubplatestyle
    which track on the DC did 9th wonder produce?
    "is she the reason" is the big one, but iirc (i didn't help buy that yukon mind you) he also did about 4 others.
    http://www.fmsound.net/NewReleases/Articles/Destiny's%20Child/Destiny%20Fulfilled.html says:
    girl / bad habit / if / free / through with love / love
    i think 9th said he only did 5 tracks, though.

Quote Originally Posted by michael
    Has Bilal been up to anything much recently in terms of his own stuff? Heard his track 'Bring 2' on The Wash soundtrack and it was awesome... so checked out that album (Second First Born or whatever) and was pretty underwhelmed.
    I generally steer clear of r'n'b and "big" hip hop albums because they're so often disappointing - I just stick to the singles and find I have the tracks I'd like or want to play.

mind you, I bought the new ludacris LP last week, just so I could have the potion...

burn doesn't do much for me.i'm very fond of dot com though.