r&b

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Omaar said:
mic - did you hear that Savage tune with Akon doing the vox?

Not great imho, but thought I'd mention it for the curious NZ connection ..
Nah, I've only heard that 'Swing' tune of Savage's and his verse on that Scribe remix.

Other Akon stuff I've heard (only 3 or 4 songs) hasn't been nearly as good as 'Ghetto'. Something about the tone of the particular track seems pretty wucked to me..

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Akon feat. Savage

Oh shit... that's Savage on 'Locked Up'??? :eek: Ahahah! I never even paused to consider whether any of the vocalists on that tune were from somewhere other than America.

The whole phenomenon of American accents in NZ rap is staggering sometimes. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
O

Omaar

michael said:
Oh shit... that's Savage on 'Locked Up'??? :eek: Ahahah! I never even paused to consider whether any of the vocalists on that tune were from somewhere other than America.

Yeah, it's such a terrible thing it really turns me off most NZ hip hop/rnb. Adeaze are pretty nice though, nothing groundbreaking just such lush vocal harmonies. Their cover of 'how deep is you love' is pretty nice. And their new tune with Alphrisk is pretty good too.

Am I alone in finding that J-Lo 'get right' tune really irritating? I don't get it at all, I'm not anti J-Lo but that tune grates so ...

Last edited:

luka

you know you love signs with snoop and justin. you know you're practsing all justins dance moves when the video comes on. don't lie to me.

DavidD

can't be stopped
That song is wonderful.
I think right now, Omarion's got the dance move thang on lock though. Too bad his music can't compete.

tate

Brown Sugar
Omaar said:
Am I alone in finding that J-Lo 'get right' tune really irritating? I don't get it at all, I'm not anti J-Lo but that tune grates so ...

No prob here with J-Lo's Get Right, it shares something with Crazy in Love, Soldier, and 1 Thing: Rich Harrison.

O

Omaar

Tate said:
No prob here with J-Lo's Get Right, it shares something with Crazy in Love, Soldier, and 1 Thing: Rich Harrison.

I'm not so sold on soldier either - lose my breath was way better i reckon.

Plus am I being paranoid or is the militaristic thing (re: the above the song title and also the marching breaks in lose my breath) going on with destiny's right now a bit freaky in the context of US imperial aggression. The lyrics don't really support that theory - just the semiotics of it I guess.

hint

party record with a siren
luka said:
you know you love signs with snoop and justin. you know you're practsing all justins dance moves when the video comes on. don't lie to me.

dunno about dancing, but it had me planning a trip down tk maxx to see if they had any white suits.

Ach!

Turd on the Run
Snoop & JT... BIG! Amerie... BIG! Bobby Valentino... OVERBIG!

New in the OVERBIG category, Jon B - 'Lately'... OVERBIG!

craner

Beast of Burden
What happened to my girl Chante?

Chante2.jpg

LRJP!

(Between Blank & Boring)
Omaar said:
I'm not so sold on soldier either - lose my breath was way better i reckon.

Plus am I being paranoid or is the militaristic thing (re: the above the song title and also the marching breaks in lose my breath) going on with destiny's right now a bit freaky in the context of US imperial aggression. The lyrics don't really support that theory - just the semiotics of it I guess.

That had occurred to me too. A weird sort of parallel between Gangsta Soldier and Soldier Soldier...

Lose My Breath is/was sublime. The absolute high point for Destinys Child? Like when a plant flowers vividly for the last time just before it dies...?

craner

Beast of Burden
oui! oui! and I l-l-loved her on that So So Def production 'Straight Up'

sparring in a boxing ring fists strapped in white tape if I recollect it right (I have odd dreams though)

craner

Beast of Burden
and I heard a ravishing new Common track called 'Go'

John Legend - such a smoothie! (the return of the smoothie no less)

robin

anyone following r. kelly's trapped in the closet saga?
its possibly the weirdest thing thats ever existed

hint

party record with a siren
Lil Kim - Lighters Up
Mariah Carey - Shake It Off (not keen on the remix - it's the chord changes on the original that make it so dope)
Camille - Big

Toni Braxton's come back with a track, that's basically Crazy In Love / One Thing all over again. Presumably another Rich Harrison beat and he's looking like a bit of a one-trick pony. Wouldn't be so bad if the topline wasn't so similar to the others... Check Take This Ring here or here

Last edited:

jd_

Anybody else into Chris Brown's album? I love "Yo (Excuse Me Miss)" from it but there's a lot of good stuff on the cd. El Rae ft. Triple Threat "Tonight (DOK remix)" is really awesome too.