Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: r&b

Still loving R&B this year...i didn't see it mentioned, but Tori alamaze - don't cha is great, also that song al just put up on govt names is really nice, trackmasters R&B. Also, where is the love for the new Tweet single? And I've heard good things about the Brooke Valentine album.

Default everyone read carefuly

Teedra Moses - Complex Simplicity. Now close this post and check this LP lol................
    1 $/£ of aid is NOTHING compared to 1 $/£ of FAIR trade....

Ekome....

Quote Originally Posted by DavidD
    And I've heard good things about the Brooke Valentine album.
    Long As You Come Home is my favorite from her. There's some other good stuff on her cd but she wrecks a lot of it with bad diva bits.

Sorry, i meant track boyz, not trackmasters.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidD
    Also, where is the love for the new Tweet single?
    I think the tweet single's nice but isn’t quite “oops (oh my)”. On listening to the album I like the track called “you”, lovely rnb without hip hop pretensions. Not my usual cup of cha and haven’t got all the way through the album but that stood out from the crowd.

…And the Amerie track is definitely big. I heard that it started off as an unofficial remix of a not very inspiring original. the accapella got about and the version that we now know came about which saved her career. Good rumour if it’s not true.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklay
    …And the Amerie track is definitely big. I heard that it started off as an unofficial remix of a not very inspiring original. the accapella got about and the version that we now know came about which saved her career. Good rumour if it’s not true.
    oh yes it's the bomb, big on hot 97 when my mate went to new york the other week, and the beat has been versioned over alot by various mc's i hear.
    she's also got a genuinely sexy imperfect voice rather than these wailing types on so many r and b tunes nowdays.
    the track was done by the guys who did 'crazy in love' but this one is much more off the wall.

112 - Closing The Club with three 6 MAfia's a good one. Sorta like Oh Yeah but with everything in the basses.

As Dave Stelfox knows, the 4-disc "Fuck Action 40" S&C R&B album by OG Ron C is GREAT. One of the guys from governmentnames did a nice write-up of it, too, you could browse the archives for it...I can't stop listening to it.

I've been thrashing that Akon tune 'Ghetto', which Luka mentioned at the start of the thread. So good!

Not so sold on that Amerie tune. The breaks-y, real drum kit sound is pretty tasty and I'm sure it'd be fun to dance to, but I have to compare it to 'Crazy In Love' and find it lacking.... 'Crazy In Love' has a really huge chorus, and the interplay between that and the sparse verses with the mad beat is a killer. This is like just those verses, without the contrast.

IMHO.

Omaar Guest

mic - did you hear that Savage tune with Akon doing the vox?

Not great imho, but thought I'd mention it for the curious NZ connection ..

I'm personally not sold on Akon, but if you and luka are upping it maybe I outta give him a decent listen. Most of the rnb i hear is what plays on my clock radio to wake me up - tuned to Nu FM, the NZ Pacific station. It's the only station that plays music in the morning and doesn't feature morons bleating on or staging laddish pranks. But it means I only hear new rnb while I am half asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Omaar
    mic - did you hear that Savage tune with Akon doing the vox?

Not great imho, but thought I'd mention it for the curious NZ connection ..
    Nah, I've only heard that 'Swing' tune of Savage's and his verse on that Scribe remix.

Other Akon stuff I've heard (only 3 or 4 songs) hasn't been nearly as good as 'Ghetto'. Something about the tone of the particular track seems pretty wucked to me..

Default Akon feat. Savage

Oh shit... that's Savage on 'Locked Up'??? Ahahah! I never even paused to consider whether any of the vocalists on that tune were from somewhere other than America.

The whole phenomenon of American accents in NZ rap is staggering sometimes.
    Last edited by michael; 08-04-2005 at 05:55 AM.

Omaar Guest

Quote Originally Posted by michael
    Oh shit... that's Savage on 'Locked Up'??? Ahahah! I never even paused to consider whether any of the vocalists on that tune were from somewhere other than America.
    Yeah, it's such a terrible thing it really turns me off most NZ hip hop/rnb. Adeaze are pretty nice though, nothing groundbreaking just such lush vocal harmonies. Their cover of 'how deep is you love' is pretty nice. And their new tune with Alphrisk is pretty good too.

Am I alone in finding that J-Lo 'get right' tune really irritating? I don't get it at all, I'm not anti J-Lo but that tune grates so ...
    Last edited by Omaar; 08-04-2005 at 05:55 AM.

you know you love signs with snoop and justin. you know you're practsing all justins dance moves when the video comes on. don't lie to me.

That song is wonderful.
    I think right now, Omarion's got the dance move thang on lock though. Too bad his music can't compete.