r&b

sadmanbarty

Any 2015 R&B recommendations?

I wasn't a fan of Rose, so foolishly I didn't bother to look into Abra's other stuff.

Then I heard this:

Which got me backtracking:

(I could imagine this doing well in a Deep Tech set)

Some other good 2015 R&B:

Anything other good'uns?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Oh here it is. :confused:

Teedra album
Jeremih album

Get to know. :eek:

edit: NO WAIT! This is from 2005.

I'M TOO TIRED TODAY.

rubberdingyrapids

no one care about beyonce on dissensus? the ilx thread on formation is pretty funny/tragic/repugnant/bey-hive-minded. i have nothing to say about it other than cool song, great video, the politics are dubious and a tad messy, but its interesting to see her be more explicit about race. she couldnt ignore all the current debate around black politics for too long.

Last edited:

luka

if youre ever looking to carry your night on in stoke newington after hours my mate does an r&b night at kimos wine bar every friday. dont bother if youre not into r&b obviously

Benny Bunter

They can sing fine but maybe a bit drippy?

Nah not drippy, it is quite cosmic though. U shd check out the whole album, picking out 1 track doesnt realky do it justice. Cliche i know, but it really is like stepping into a warm bath.
I like them cos its very different to everything in rnb atm, without falling into the weird hipster rnb category like fka twigs or wknd or someone.

Benny Bunter

man i'm totally underselling it, this album is going down as a fucking classic

i know it shouldn't matter but i can't help but be bowled over by the fact this is all self-produced, written and performed. stevie wonder was actually the first thing that came to mind when i first heard it (along with the the cocteau twins funnily enough). I'm struggling to think of anything remotely like it around at the moment, but at the same time it's not all that retro either. i am smitten

luka

I just got the twin garlic baguettes from tesco metro. I'll drink a glass of cold white wine, nibble on the finest garlic bread and chill with these singing sistahs