Scouse House

wektor

i jumped onto scouse due to the dutch/german stupid house influence on the polish hard house(?) scene from 2000s, apparently we went too stupid and neither the dutch nor the german wanted to admit they had anything to do with it

william_kent

the origins

]

Quadrant Park , Bootle, Liverpool - 1990?

you just don't experience those levels of energy en masse on a night out anymore,

Bootle... a place I used to visit often

flashback to standing outside the Strand, scene of the notorious abduction of a toddler, looking at the pub Stella Maris, where on the other side of the road , on the left, was some "hard to let" social housing ( "section 8" for our cousins across the sea ) where I used to have to step over smacked out scallies who'd just nicked their mother's sewing machine while they weighed out their "Q" of brown, a slow plod avoiding the pools of puke trudging up several flights of stairs where we'd finally end up in a flat where we'd score "sputnik" in an empty room which was echoing with the sound of the trains that whizzed by on their way to Lime Street

"good times"

and then E hit Liverpool but by then I was living in Manchester and I missed out on ever visiting the Park, and although I did have an opportunity to go there was a dilemma which I've described before and i probably did the morally right thing by not going, but still, I harbour regrets that I missed out on a night of xtreme intensity invoked by such shoddy mixing of pop house combined with ultra superlative mdma derivatives

edit: even the gaps between the notes get a cheer, hard to convey the intensity of the original raves to ...people maybe younger than me.... [ sigh ]

Mr. Naga Pickle

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS THE VICE DONK DOCUMENTARY AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, JAIMIE HODGSON. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME ECCIES OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY RAVED AT NORTHERN ENGLANDS MOST BANGINEST NIGHTCLUB. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS
AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 35 MINUTES INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING

wektor

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS THE VICE DONK DOCUMENTARY AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, JAIMIE HODGSON. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME ECCIES OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY RAVED AT NORTHERN ENGLANDS MOST BANGINEST NIGHTCLUB. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS
AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 35 MINUTES INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING
great post

wektor

in terms of the timbres used, I really see a great parallel between here and:
at least the parts of the scouse I'm interested in: the shortgated dotted tacky preset leads, rhythms are different, but the sound is very much the same.
not into the post-vocal uk hardcore bits as much