archetypal dyads

william_kent

The writer and the dancer. The one who moves her body and the one who watches and transcribes a body's trace.

If you were alive in the 1980s I can see you wearing one of these:

33825-1-medium.jpg

version

This older bloke my brother used to work with is a big Madness fan, seen them like 50 times, and said one time Morrissey supported them and the crowd booed and threw shit at him until he walked off stage. Assume this was the gig:

Morrissey was supporting Madness for this event celebrating their reunion. There weren't many Morrissey fans at Finsbury Park because he was added to the bill only after the tickets were put up for sale. So the park was filled with Madness fans who didn't necessarily like Morrissey or were impatient to see the band they paid to see. After a few songs the heckling started and all kinds of items were thrown on stage, including coins, bottles, a carton of orange juice, etc. Is it debatable whether or not this heckling and pelting had anything to do with Morrissey, as opening band Gallon Drunk suffered the same treatment. The verbal abuse came from all sides, from anti-racists as well as from the racist faction of Madness fans. For both sides the skinheads backdrop and Morrissey wrapping himself in a Union Jack during "Glamorous Glue" seem to have made things worse. The mounting abuse forced Morrissey to walk out after only nine songs.

0bleak

ok, i was thinking that they were weird pairing musically - smiths v new order (totally different music from each other) after having madness v specials
but now i'm confused about something else because i also thought the smiths were the more confrontational and political of the two (that's my perspective being from the states)

sufi

lala
david bowie and elton john
ok, i was thinking that they were weird pairing musically - smiths v new order (totally different music from each other) after having madness v specials
but now i'm confused about something else because i also thought the smiths were the more confrontational and political of the two (that's my perspective being from the states)
yeah but no,
smiths and new order are really similar and simultaneous early indie guitar mancs