Roots of Grime

wild greens

This one turns up a lot on 2000/2001ish sets, pitched up a lot

ended up with an "international" remix that never came out i don't think? best maxwell d verse i can think of tbh

phil.

This one turns up a lot on 2000/2001ish sets, pitched up a lot

been wondering whose tune that was for ages lol 🤦‍♂️

Think thirdform mighta shared this a while back, maybe someone else? but this jungle tune's got that Ground Zero/Fire Hydrant synth all through it.
Area 39 - Attitude Unreleased Dubplate Mix (1994)

Still searching for any ghettotech/grime blends. There's that DJ Godfather Dizzee remix, but that's 2013. DJ Godfather set from 1992 has some moments where it crosses over into some early jungle sounds. There's gotta be later jungle sets that incorporate ghettotech, that'd be close enough for it to be satisfying, but have to do more digging

Don't forget the OG Devil Mix tune from 1986, Coils' 'First five minutes after death'

If Detroit techno was attributed to George Clinton and Kraftwerk getting stuck in a lift and jamming, this would be more like the Candyman spotting Mike Oldfield on the top floor of Cabrini Green and throwing his corpse down the lift shaft.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Was interesting watching that grime doc last night, you can really hear the influence of us rap/rnb on a lot of those beats (combined with other stuff ofc, jungle, drum n bass, ragga etc.)

One tune had a riff that reminded me of this (i'm guessing this is swizz beats?)