how to spell and the significance of graphemes.

woops

is not like other people
can you spell? i can, though i was never entered into one of those american challenges where they make you spell diarrhoea or sesquipedelia. I'm limited by my reliance on the English alphabet, which eschews exotic characters such as thorn, found in Icelandic, or letters with diacritics as in other Scandinavian and Germanic languages, hence ä, ë, ö however i am reasonably au fait with grave and accute accents

luka

woops' spelling is slightly above average but he gets corrected fairly often by punters while we're at work.

luka

we grew up in an era where spelling wasn't considered very important so we mostly ignored it, then spell chec and autocorrect came out and being able to spell became as superfluous as being able to do maths.

woops

is not like other people
every letter has its own distinct nature, which was why Isou thought he had identified the degree zero of writing. he accordingly composed sound poems made up of nonsensical strings like zwgjyfrj brrklt gadgry resembling no known language

luka

i know how to spell disgusting but theres something about spelling it with a c i really enjoy. a lot of words i mispell also i would be able to get right if i took a moment to think about it but it interrupts the flow.

luka

i guess we all associate being able to spell with nerds and we associate nerds with a failure to see the woods for the trees. a fundamental error of perspective and attention. i guess thats why we all consider knowing how spell as a weakness or pathology.