Primal Scream

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Shite band. In the 90s they were dance music for people too apprehensive to dance and rock music for people too fixated on the present to just listen to the Stones.

Yeah pretty much. This was why Weatherall had to be (metaphorically) sodomised by the north/east london techno fraternity to really get it. No Panel Beaters in Terry Farley's Slough mob!

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
@malelesbian turn this up as loud as you possibly can on your hi fi. don't question it, just do it. mistress varity commands you to do so. then you will understand the dissensus worldview.

Bandulu - Presence

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
so many dudes I can ask about how was "Chole", etc.,

jaded...

I actually have a lesbian Kate Moss story which was told to me but I don't think it would be either confidential or politic to air here. The thing in America is that their celebrities are completely out of reach, like or blueblooded aristos. whereas here they're just twats with a lot of money. But put it this way, saying she was a fan of the 12% cheap EDL Luton pub gak is an understatement. But I mean our american interlocutor is still a neophyte and doesn't realise where the real fash are, that is to say in the drug trade.

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
What do you think about Ryuichi Sakamoto?

Forum forgive me, I just can't get into electronic music. I like Krautrock though! And Sakamoto counts as an early electronic composer. I need stuff with more melody counterpoint and harmony. I had no idea this was a forum focused on EDM. I thought this place was just about dissent.

william_kent

I actually have a lesbian Kate Moss story which was told to me but I don't think it would be either confidential or politic to air here. The thing in America is that their celebrities are completely out of reach, like or blueblooded aristos. whereas here they're just twats with a lot of money. But put it this way, saying she was a fan of the 12% cheap EDL Luton pub gak is an understatement. But I mean our american interlocutor is still a neophyte and doesn't realise where the real fash are, that is to say in the drug trade.

i'm sure any UK dick has a celeb encounter to share

me, I have. a few second hand or "friend of a friend" stories I can recount

thirdform

pass the sick bucket

Also her ex Pete Doherty is an utter scumbag and should be summarily executed.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
What do you think about Ryuichi Sakamoto?

Forum forgive me, I just can't get into electronic music. I like Krautrock though! And Sakamoto counts as an early electronic composer. I need stuff with more melody counterpoint and harmony. I had no idea this was a forum focused on EDM. I thought this place was just about dissent.

b2 unit is fantastic, of course.

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
Also, I may not have any cool celebrity stories, but I did invent mumble rap. And rock parties as an MC, but that's another story.
Also, I don't do true crime.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
also yes this is a forum based on dissent, against the imperialist hegemony of cordal counterpoint! get into microtonal arabic music, my main man!

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I think you have a Kurdish poisoned dominatrix kink. If you help me I can get it arranged. of course, I hope we'll acquire a big fortune from your family.

martin

----
I had that 'Hun-believable' anti-Rangers / Euro '96 12" they put out with Irivine Welsh and On-U. Obviously didn't like it enough to keep it.

The only positive thing I think I know about Primal Scream was their (possibly apocryphal) claim in Melody Maker that they lured Damon Albarn to their hotel room with the promise of drugs, then said they wanted to play netball and made the Blur frontman kneel in the middle of the room with his arms outstretched (as 'the net') and repeatedly bounced and kicked a football off his head until he cried and left. Though, as much as I dislike Albarn, I think my disabled, geriatric mum could floor Bobby Gillespie. So I'm not sure what I believe.

He was staggering around at that 2005 Aphex Twin/Whitehouse/Mark Stewart gig.