Italo

DLaurent

Sorry if there's already a thread. I don't think there is.

What's the best obscure italo? There's loads of course but many of the best ones are a bit obvious now, if I'm right.

DLaurent

I just made a top 10 of more obvious ones but I'm missing a lot of stuff like Kano, Casco, Doctor's Cat etc Only so much you can put in a top 10.

Clio - Faces
Valerie Dore - Get Closer
Mr Flagio - Take a Chance
Wet - That's the Game
My Mine - Hypnotic Tango
B.W.H. - Living Up
RAF - Self Control
Klein & MGO - Dirty Talk
Gaznevada - Special Agent Man
Blue Gas - Shadows from Nowhere

IdleRich

IdleRich
I dunno if it's one of the all-time best or anything, but this track is new to me and it kinda made me smile cos we all know Ice Bear but I never knew he had an Ice Wolf mate - maybe some German guys from several bands went on holiday to Alaska together and were inspired by the wildlife to write tunes based on it, maybe there is an ice rabbit and an ice moose for them to eat and an ice fox too - no ice penguin though cos they wouldn't have seen them unless they had some kind of insane trip that started in Alaska and theen went down at least to Argentina, which would be going way beyond the call of duty in terms of what could reasonably be expected of someone searching for inspiration.... um apologies, I've not been sleeping much recently, I may have lost a little of my usual laser-like focus and deviated slightly from the topic.

So, anyway, The Hexer - Eiswolf

IdleRich

IdleRich
Actually, I'm realizing it may be that Eiswolf is the band and the track is called Der Hexer which, sadly, does have some minor implications for the precise accuracy of some of what I said above.

Mr. Naga Pickle

not exactly italo (or even italian), but it did feature on the first italo comp i ever stumbled across + i still think it's very good:

this was on there, too:

DLaurent

I thought I'd heard a lot of it but heard this today. From Japan and covered as Mito - Unit in Italy.

DLaurent

A US release that got hammered for it's a side, Nonline in Chicago. But I also just decided to listen to rest of the EP today and this one almost lives up to its great title.

DLaurent

I found this on an old playlist I made, it must have been because I thought it better than the vocal version.

DLaurent

Argentinian if I'm right. Just found it in an old playlist. It's alright, for a second I thought it could have been a recent production.