Idle Rich in Barcelona at Switch Bar Fri 27th Oct

IdleRich

IdleRich
Play @ Switch Bar
Fri 27th Oct 2200 until 0330
Reformed Society (Basic Moves, Mosaic)
Idle Rich (Invisible Sounds)
My first time DJ-ing in Spain, I'm a guest at this monthly - two ex-Londoners joining forces for a pulsating party playing ebm, acid, house etc
Free Entry

received_701141898745003.jpeg

-mwqecg.jpg

Switch Bar
  • Carrer Francisco Giner, 24, 08012 Barcelona, Spain

IdleRich

IdleRich
Flying out tonight... I guess I'll be doing what Harsh says really - think he mentioned a squat party on Sat - but anyone have any tips for the place? Last time I went to Barcelona it was miserable so it needs to redeem itself...

IdleRich

IdleRich
If you wanna know what I'm talking about check out the thread called Really Shit Travelling Experiences...

IdleRich

IdleRich
This was a lot of fun, still need to explore Barcelona better but I think I have exorcised the evil spirit.

DJ-ing on Friday was rocking with a good crowd going for it, just listening back to the recording Harsh made and it's pretty messy unfortunately,

I was crashing on the sofa bed in the spare room which is where the man kept his turntables and records etc

I started thinking that it's kinda like Aldi which has every store everywhere the same on the inside, I've been in this room with this exact same set up in so many houses in London, Paris Dusseldorf, Lisbon etc I guess it's just the obvious way to set things up but there is something mildly amusing about the way that all these DJs who often tend to see themselves as individuals; counter-culture, rebel etc types, end up converging on and ultimately conforming to a standard and recognisable cliche of their own. I'm not at all having a dig at anyone here, I just think it's one of life's tiny ironies.

Anyway, I slept on the sofa there and I'm pretty sure that I sleep walked - or at least somehow moved around in my sleep - after the gig on Friday. That is something I do once in a blue moon, I dunno if it's triggered by some combination of alcohol and a strange bed, but who knows? It's very rare that I do it. But on this occasion something definitely happened cos when I woke up I was wrapped up in the dust sheet he'd covered the turntables with, also there was a speaker on a stand in one corner of the room that I never went close to, but it had been moved around randomly, plus I'd somehow contrived to get a bottle of water and completely soak my trousers and my phone, which completely died, it took me a week to get it fixed!

Kinda worrying though right? I did a load of stuff that was out of my control and I didn't even know about, in a stranger's house, thank fuck I didn't break something or piss on his girlfriend or whatever...