Are there any funny television programmes at all?

IdleRich

IdleRich
This world is a cold, hard place filled with war and famine and so on, closer to home you've got bills and busted gearboxes and cunts like Edmund... sometimes, most of the time, I want some escapism, something that genuinely makes me laugh.

Over the last few years I've asked people here and elsewhere for comedy recommendations. And I've tried loads of things, many of them very clever, interesting concepts cunningly explored, different techniques and ideas and so on... but very few made me laugh. And those that did tended to have like five laughs in episode one, three laughs in the next and so on so you watch the next few out of habit, then you suddenly think - hang on, I haven't laughed at all for three episodes.

But I know I have laughed at programmes over the years, so really despite the title, this thread is actually wanting recommendations that I may not have seen. Or let's split it into two questions, a general one for philosophical and historical interest, and a more specific one for practical purposes.

1. Has there ever been a television series ever that is actually funny and makes the viewer laugh properly often?

2. Has there been a tv programme in the last few years that I haven't seen that will make me laugh a lot?

Help me escape please!

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson is the only show, late night or otherwise, which makes me actually laugh every episode. It went off the air maybe seven or eight years ago.

raljax

Spongebob in gaelic. You'd think you wouldn't laugh or laugh more than for like a couple of minutes but it didn't play out like that at all. Was transfixed and in tears. Saw it in a hotel in Donegal on TG4 (i think). Was admittedly in a completely enhanced state. Havven't checked if the gaelic version is on youtube...if not - try when ur in Eire.

mixed_biscuits

This world is a cold, hard place filled with war and famine and so on, closer to home you've got bills and busted gearboxes and cunts like Edmund... sometimes, most of the time, I want some escapism, something that genuinely makes me laugh.

Over the last few years I've asked people here and elsewhere for comedy recommendations. And I've tried loads of things, many of them very clever, interesting concepts cunningly explored, different techniques and ideas and so on... but very few made me laugh. And those that did tended to have like five laughs in episode one, three laughs in the next and so on so you watch the next few out of habit, then you suddenly think - hang on, I haven't laughed at all for three episodes.

But I know I have laughed at programmes over the years, so really despite the title, this thread is actually wanting recommendations that I may not have seen. Or let's split it into two questions, a general one for philosophical and historical interest, and a more specific one for practical purposes.

1. Has there ever been a television series ever that is actually funny and makes the viewer laugh properly often?

2. Has there been a tv programme in the last few years that I haven't seen that will make me laugh a lot?

Help me escape please!
Eric Andre and The Mind of Herbert Clunkerdunk

shakahislop

is there literally any uk comedy that's actually good that's been made in the last decade. what am i missing

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
My parents got me into three recent British comedy series: Detectorists, Rev and Ghosts.

I really like them all but they're not actually hilarious, they're more gently funny and poignant.

The last really funny UK comedy I remember was peep show (earlier series) and the thick of it