NYE Party with Sonic Boom, Invisible Sounds etc at Cosmos

IdleRich

IdleRich
booking tickets to lisboa rn

Ha ha... I hope that that's a joke or you're not booking them for that NYE thing at least cos that will be pretty low-key it's just like a bar type thing. I mean it's s nice bar and everything and there be a load of cool people playing tunes etc but it will be more of a relaxed type thing than a big thing going off.

Looks like in the new year we gonna play at a gig at this new place called Outra Cena, that's the main thing I've been wanting for ages. This is the new spot in Lisbon, this guy Kevin had been talking about how he was gonna be opening a new place for aaaaaages, and when it finally did happen and it was in this huge warehouse I was just expecting a little bar or something built into the corner of the building. Then it had this kinda opening date, pretty low-key with no adverts or anything... and then we went in and our jaws dropped, minds totally blown cos he had taken over the whole space and put in this massive start of the art super-club thing to rival Lux, it's mental, I can't imagine how much he must have spent. I guess he did this kinda soft open with no advertising on a Friday and only local DJs, you had to cover your phone cameras with a sticker and so on. For a few weeks it was only open on Fridays and then it started opening on Saturdays too - he's been booking a lot of local DJs and now a few slightly bigger ones from abroad but it does seem strange that he must have spent a fortune on the place but is - depending on your perspective - either being stingy and saving money on DJs, or else he's got a specific vision which is built on promoting local talent. Either way it's an amazing spot and I've been wanting to play for yonks, he's booked a lot of people I know but not me...

But yesterday he contacted Liza and I and asked if we would like to play on the 29th December. I'm thinking he maybe heard how well our set went down on Saturday and he's decided that he can take a risk on us and that we will rock it properly. Unfortunately we are not able to play that day but it looks as though he will offer us an alternative slot in Jan or Feb and I can't wait to do that, it's something I've been really wanting to do for ages, the venue is amazing.