Really fucking massive and slightly mad motorik mix (as requested)

IdleRich

IdleRich
After I started that motorik thread @Benny B requested that I do a motorik mix. And as it was an idea that had been nagging away at me already I was only too happy to accept. A bit later we had our show on Mutant and so we made an hour long motorik mix, it was fun to do and It gave me some ideas but really an hour wasn't nearly enough to do what I wanted to do. But cos my laptop was fucked there was no way I could improve on it at the time.

But I got my laptop back a couple of weeks ago and I was determined to stop pissing around and to do all the things I'd promised myself I would (write a novel, make some music etc) so I thought I'd have a go at a more respectable motorik mix.

And here it is, I've done it at breakneck speed and so it's hammered together crudely but I kinda like that, one minute it's one of those pristine gleaming hermetic kraut grooves that stretches off forever into the heavens, an exquisitely worked glass bridge across the sky... but next thing you know that's been overwhelmed by Hawkwind or something with scuzzy guitars gleefully smashing that beautiful bridge to pieces and revving their motorbikes through the wreckage - I didn't really pay much attention to the rules of mixing, I just got the tempos roughly the same on Audacity and smooshed them together - the volume is probably a bit haphazard too - so if you want perfect beat matching don't bother. But if you want to hear two and a half hours of raw motorik madness get stuck in. And that kinda suits me to be honest cos I wanted to get away from the idea of motorik as polite and pretentious stuff for chin strokers. I wanted the emphasis to be on krautROCK - not so much the individual tunes but the ethos of the mix.

I've not listened back to it yet so I hope it doesn't stop in the middle or something, it certainly does start with two minutes of silence for some reason. Oh, and most of it's motorik but some of it is kinda semi-motorik and some of it is just pretty tenuous but my mix my rules so there.

Anyway, here you go.... enjoy, any feedback appreciated of course.

CV Vision - Parallel Universe
Deutsch Wertarbeit - Deutscher Wald
Fantastiki Hxoi - A Strange Light From The East
Hawkwind - Valium 10
Michael Bundt - The Brain of Oskar Panizza
Death in Vegas - Neptune City
Neu! - Negativland
Fujiya and Miyagi - Electro Karaoke
Bur Hof Bau - Anjelika
Grain - Does Jesus Have Buddha Nature (someone mix)
Primal Scream - Shoot Speed Kill Light
Zombie Zombie - Driving This Road Until Death Sets You Free
The Paradox - The Shadow Took Shape
Hawkwind - Opa-Loka
Blurt - The Ruminant Plinth
Pram - Cumulus
Moebius and Beerbohm - Subito
Television Personalities - Part Time Punks
Higamos Hogamos - Infinity Plus One
Motorik - Ritual
Stereolab - Trippin' With The Birds
? - Ungerade 37/19
Neu! - Hallogallo
Stereolab - Trippin' With The Birds
Tangerine Dream - Dr Destructo
Mugstar - Serra
Beak - Mono
Camera - Affenhurst
Wipers - Youth of America
Minami Deutsch - Futso Something
Emperor Machine - Roller Daddy
Ippo Du - German Road
Deutsche Wertarbeit - Auf Engelflugein
Michael Rother - Feuerland

There were actually five or six real killers that I wanted to include but I couldn't immediately find the files and I just couldn't be arsed to wait.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Does that "like" mean that you listened @wektor and @shakahislop? If you did listen, even just to some of it, I'd love towa know anything at all that you thought...s any stand out tunes or stinkers? Was it too motoriky?

Also, how about the mixing such as it is? I'm asking that because listening back it's actually not as bad as I said - it's rough and ready and basic but not really wrong as such and I reckon it's quite effective in its way... but what do you think?

wektor

it's rather dirty, I listened to a chunk of it and then turned it off because I had to test my sonfiication algorithm for the population data of former yugoslavia between 1980-2010s photo is a bit too close to that steve buscemi with a skateboard shot but otherwise sounded solid

IdleRich

IdleRich
it's rather dirty, I listened to a chunk of it and then turned it off because I had to test my sonfiication algorithm for the population data of former yugoslavia between 1980-2010s

Oh that does sound like more fun...

photo is a bit too close to that steve buscemi with a skateboard shot but otherwise sounded sollid

I know that one you're talking about with about with Buuscemi but which one did I use?

shakahislop

Does that "like" mean that you listened @wektor and @shakahislop? If you did listen, even just to some of it, I'd love towa know anything at all that you thought...s any stand out tunes or stinkers? Was it too motoriky?

Also, how about the mixing such as it is? I'm asking that because listening back it's actually not as bad as I said - it's rough and ready and basic but not really wrong as such and I reckon it's quite effective in its way... but what do you think?
i just like that you can be bothered to do things like this. i will listen to it though

IdleRich

IdleRich
i just like that you can be bothered to do things like this. i will listen to it though

I wondered if it might be that or similar - faiir enough. Thing is right, a lot of stuff I put up, especially mixes, tend to be things I kinda have to do and which maybe feel like a bit of a slog as a result. But this is something that is totally my own and I've wanted to do for ages and so this didn't feel like being bothered, it was fun all the way. In fact there were two or three others I would have included but I didn't have access to the files and I've since remembered a few more and found some others, so I'm already drawing up part two in my head...