Rivers songs playlist

william_kent

lol, the narration on this must be a joke

sounds alike "On Cripple Creek", fake YouTube clip fools nam vets?

1714172232760.png

I haven't got into my "who was Rod McKuen" routine but here is a taster of his style

"dudes with blue jeans
no shirts,
long hair,
VW micro buses"

"cars
so many cars
people started parking"

"my friends were deadheads,
one of them made a flag,
he made a big deal about unfurling it"

"it was the first time I was in upstate new york
and it was beautiful
there was Bruce..
and Bobby
RICK

1714184059812.png
he's a retired mailman!

I fucking love Rod McKuen, he is hilarious, he was also best selling poet of all time (well, the 1970s )

edit: highly recommended

Attachments

• 1714184066784.png
    1714184066784.png
    69.6 KB · Views: 1

blissblogger

Okay, this is a really nice one

The song title "Rheinita" fuses Klaus Dinger's "two great loves – the river Rhein, which flows through Düsseldorf, and Anita Heedman, his girlfriend who had moved to Norway in 1971."

Released as a single. this was big hit in West Germany, despite being an instrumental - I think it got to #2 in the charts. So perhaps people picked up on the feelings coming off it.

blissblogger

Remember this lot as a shameless rip-off of Bow Wow Wow.... but listening for the first time in 40 years it was more entertaining than I expected -Tenpole Tudor-ish pop nonsense

blissblogger

What must surely be the greatest song whose storyline takes place on a river

Ol' Neil's finest moment? "Cortez The Killer" runs it close but I think "Powderfinger" edges it.

william_kent

Remember this lot as a shameless rip-off of Bow Wow Wow.... but listening for the first time in 40 years it was more entertaining than I expected -Tenpole Tudor-ish pop nonsense

Bow Wow Wow did have that pastiche photo of them by a body of water that could be considered to be a a river based on some famous painting

Bow Wow Wow - Go Wild In The Country