Three reasons to keep an eye on drum and bass

Code

It's really good.

It probably won't win back the people who aren't interested in jungle because it's no longer a massive exciting social phenomenon moving at 1000000mph in every direction at once, but for people who want to hear some good, fresh, innovative tunes it's bang on.

yeah...

I dunno, I don't really get it when people say that.
I mean, what genre of music that is emulating the rate of progression of early nineties D&B now ?

Dubstep ? Glitchy Techno / House ?

some interesting sounds there, but change within dance music seems to be incrementing in smaller steps as the years go by. I think that certain D&B producers are coming up with music as fresh as those in the media acclaimed styles at the moment though.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
bloody hell version can you just stop necroing old threads? I was going to go at bassnation and say if you want tracks to stand on their own then stop listening to dance music that's literally not the point but then I saw it was from 2006. 18 years ago now!

DLaurent

Liked this one at the time and it came to mind as one that weren't using the (same old) chopped breaks.

Above fun to mix if it doesn't stand alone as much as this, this nice and musical.

I still listen to tunes from the era, just maybe not as much as I thought I would. Maybe it was more dated at the time than I originally thought.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
no I think that era stands up quite well. compared to all the shite plink plonk uniformly teutonic minimal benny b's ilx mates were jerking off to it still stands as a breath of fresh air. god, house and techno got so bad in the mid 00s.

version

bloody hell version can you just stop necroing old threads? I was going to go at bassnation and say if you want tracks to stand on their own then stop listening to dance music that's literally not the point but then I saw it was from 2006. 18 years ago now!

Why make new threads when there are old ones which fit the bill?