What are the key 'indie' albums of the 00s..so far

sus

If there's a better song to bring in the autumn than Only Skin, I haven't found it. Only a few people get it, but that's fine.

Yeah Van Dyke Parks's strings are just unreal; her other albums are really beautiful as well, but the scale and themes and orchestration of Ys make it really something.

woops

is not like other people
if i had to list the key indie bands NOT of the 00s... so far, i'd say teenage fanclub and the pastels, both scottish

• Haha
Reactions: sus

mixed_biscuits

It's like a laboratory-engineered cross between Clap Your Hands Say Yeah and Arcade Fire

I guess that sound pops up in people like Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros too, or Mumford & Sons (worst British cultural export ever?)
Just listened to Let's Go Extinct by Fanfarlo and love it.

• Wow

mixed_biscuits

I had never heard of them before today (fished out a promo of the album that I had bought secondhand for tuppence)

I quite like how many of the songs on this album use the bridge to kick into a different vibe to the end of the song and I like it when the female vocalist joins in and I like the fact that she doesn't do it especially often which is a bit of a delicious tease

mixed_biscuits

qwerty south

no use for a witticism
(indie) rap - i love this album: features production from casiotone for the painfully alone

Serengeti - Family and Friends

press play on bottom left of image below

mixed_biscuits

And student parties were made
By Blur, Oasis and Suede

To boot we all took the plunge
In indulging US grunge
My taste was smatt'rings of these
With idiosyncracies...

A many band motley mash:
Flowered Up, Dubstar, Nut, Ash
Björk, Soundgarden, St Etienne