Soulful House

alex

Do not read this.
yea, i really dig soulful house, bad. I love listening to sinbad sets when he plays his soulful stuff, also like the "life"recordings EP's, the "home" (or something) ep's & alot of the stereo sushi stuff ( i know its a bit mershy, but its a guideline nonetheless)

do you like really MASSIVE vocals on your tunes? Diva's & whatnot?

thc

thc
alex, yeah, the vocals are a big part of it for me. Really kinda defines it for me.

bang diddley brought up a point i've been pondering about.
What is the distinction between Deep House and Soulful House?
Not a whole lot, but there's definately tunes I would describe as Deep, ones I would describe as Soulful, and ones I would describe as both Deep and Soulful.
One thing would be that Soulful kinda has to have vocals, while a Deep House tune can be instrumental. I could be wrong here though. To me Soulful house is feel-good music, maybe even upbeat. While Deep House can be sorta dark. Dark isnt quite the right word, I dont know of a way to describe it other then Deep.
Anyway, not that it's that important. I like both, they're very close together, and I dont mind them being mixed. (For example I like Grime and Dubstep, but dont like them mixed, too different of vibes.)

Last edited:

thc

thc
The Jinks & Michelle Weeks - Shame (Groove Assassins Vocal Mix) // MN2S

btw, noob question but how are people embedding vids in other threads?

Client Eastwood

alex, yeah, the vocals are a big part of it for me. Really kinda defines it for me.

bang diddley brought up a point i've been pondering about.
What is the distinction between Deep House and Soulful House?
Not a whole lot, but there's definately tunes I would describe as Deep, ones I would describe as Soulful, and ones I would describe as both Deep and Soulful.
One thing would be that Soulful kinda has to have vocals, while a Deep House tune can be instrumental. I could be wrong here though. To me Soulful house is feel-good music, maybe even upbeat. While Deep House can be sorta dark. Dark isnt quite the right word, I dont know of a way to describe it other then Deep.
Anyway, not that it's that important. I like both, they're very close together, and I dont mind them being mixed. (For example I like Grime and Dubstep, but dont like them mixed, too different of vibes.)

right on the money is bolded !

re : youtube - there's an embed link box that you can c & p into your reply