Todd Terry

shaolinsoul

So Ive been on a recent Todd Terry binge as of late. Picked up some releases from him on the Strictly Rhythm label yesterday and was just blown away by the sounds. Proper ruff underground NY hiphop/house with breaks and rapping in it. Cant believe I slept on this guy. I always put him off since he's been doing more commercial stuff as of late, but his early 90's stuff is just top shelf gear.

Can anyone recommend me some more bits by this guy?

cheers.

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]
Count me in for more Todd Terry. Don't really know much beyond classics like Can You Feel It, feeling that DMS track from the start of Ben UFO's Reprise podcast too.

martin

----
I've only got two singles by him, "Yeah Buddy" (as Royal House) and "Warlock" (as Black Riot), I really like them, esp the B-side "The Chase", killer tune - sure they must be all comp'd on CD by now.

Those Strictly Rhythm hiphop releases you mentioned sound interesting, which ones are they? Ta.

shaolinsoul

I've only got two singles by him, "Yeah Buddy" (as Royal House) and "Warlock" (as Black Riot), I really like them, esp the B-side "The Chase", killer tune - sure they must be all comp'd on CD by now.

Those Strictly Rhythm hiphop releases you mentioned sound interesting, which ones are they? Ta.

i wouldnt class them as hip hop more of a hiphouse sort of thing.

picked up this one so far and a good example.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

shaolinsoul

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

hmm... sounds like Masters At Work