Watching Metropolis with Jeff Mills

nomos

Administrator
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jeff Mills' soundtrack to Metropolis is having a little revival around my house lately and I want to listen along with the film (this is the aim of the disc, right?). Just wondering if anyone here has tried this. At 59m, the disc is much shorter than any of the cuts of the film that I've come across. I've found some Youtube clips where segments have been synced, and they fit well, but there aren't any stop/start instructions in the liner notes. Would love to try it though.

nomos

Administrator
*shudder*

i'i'm pretty sure he composed it to fit. it's just a matter of how to line it up and with which version of the film

dave

the day today tonight
I was lucky enough to stumble across an evening where he introduced then showed this.

From (hazy) memory I think he made his own edit of the film to remove the boring bits.

grizzleb

From (hazy) memory I think he made his own edit of the film to remove the boring bits.
This is what it says on wikipedia. Bit shite, it would probably take some effort to go about estimating what bits of the film went where.