summer tunes

computer_rock

mostly about fairly bait 90s hiphop for me

like to hear some nice summery rnb/soul/funk/fusion joints tho if anyone has the knowledge

zhao

there are no accidents
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

grizzleb

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

OHHH YESSS

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
this came on my dad's portable mp3 player at the weekend while i was walking his dog and i swear it was like i was 3 feet off the ground. true story.

<object width="140" height="100"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="140" height="100"></embed></object>

Dusted off this LP last weekend and happy to report it has mainly passed the test of time.

shaolinsoul

what a fantastic thread, although summer is everyday for me in LA but...

this is always on my mind.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

muser

ahh juissay fruit, dope.

I just listen to this on repeat, really loud, until I can hear people crying.

ahem

Client Eastwood

like to hear some nice summery rnb/soul/funk/fusion joints tho if anyone has the knowledge[/QUOTE said:
One of favourites in that vein.

Freddie Hubbard f/ Al Jarreau - Little Sunflower.

edit : see also this for more goodies

http://www.dissensus.com/showthread.php?7227-Jazz-funk&highlight=jazz+funk

Last edited:

Brother Randy Hickey

formerly Dubversion
heady days - microdots and Butthole Surfers and dodgy festivals in Cornwall where the first sproutings of the techno-festival crossover were happening.. Oh, my :)