Peter 'Sleazy' Christopherson

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yeah, I saw TG about a month back, he looked fine. Like an endearingly disreputable uncle or something. Very sad.

connect_icut

I haven't been the biggest fan of Sleazy's behaviour/pronouncements in recent years but the news of his death has made me really sad. Coil's later music had a profound effect on me at that point in my life and it's really upsetting that they've both passed on now.

bruno

est malade
I haven't been the biggest fan of Sleazy's behaviour/pronouncements
fucking thai boys, perhaps? well, it was an interesting life. i was aware that he was in hipgnosis at one point, but not that he designed this cover:

pg2.png

which is pretty striking.

skull kid

he was a joint partner in hipgnosis; just a footnote compared to what he achieved with coil. one of the great geniuses of our times. rip uncle sleaze

connect_icut

Been listening to Coil all day, after a couple of years boycotting anything Sleazy-related. It was actually worth it to hear all the later material with fresh ears. The Ape of Naples was particularly moving in this context. So, whatever doubts I may have had about the man's private morality (and to be fair he never tried to cover it up much - he called himself "Sleazy", for crying out loud!) he truly was a great, great artist.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I like to think he's having a fine old time in hell, doing disgusting things to Bernard Matthews with a turkey drumstick.

vimothy

yurp

A glass of spirits made of ethereal salt, hermetically sealed up
Kept continually in quicksilver, of so volatile a nature
That it will scarcely endure the light
And therefore only shown in winter
Or by the light of a carbuncle, or a firefly

RIP :(

Last edited: