help me remember a children's short film

JohnCalvert

Doggod202003
does anyone remember a short film (origin: North American) set in a world where there is no sun. For one day only the sun comes out, and the children frolick in green pastures. Only the little boy character locks the little girl character in the toilet, and she misses the sun. I remember shards of light growing from behind the door of the toilet. My brother remembers it too.

arcaNa

Snakes + Ladders
It is indeed 'All Summer In A Day', based on a short story by SF writer Ray Bradbury.

(Remember watching this in 6th grade- the prettiest girl in my class laid her head on my knee and sobbed salty tears into my jeans- it made a big impression on us all- :D)

I've looked for it since then, but sadly it seems like it was never released for home viewers- at least not on DVD... Perhaps someone ought to nag the studio about it? Sometimes (borderline dodgy) view-on-demand ahem, 'copies' surface online, like amaz*n... (fingers crossed :slanted: )

Remember it as very well made, for the time... The kaleidoscope-like effects at the end (when the children experience summer) were properly 'futuristic', and blew our twelve-year-old minds

Last edited: