¡Olé!

Benny Bunter

Figured we should have a thread so we don't derail the Funky one anymore...

I don't know a lot about this music but surely there's a case for Camaron de Isla being one of the greatest singers of all time, in any genre. Such passion!

I've only got a greatest hits style anthology, but I'm in Andalucia now and might be able to get hold of some good stuff if someone here can give me some pointers.

And has anyone here seen the film 'Vengo'? Some amazing scenes of real flamenco in it. Just the faces of the singers are incredible to watch.

Also might be a good opportunity for some dropbox sharing of good stuff?

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

Originally Posted by Routes:

Camaron is great i have so many of his cds, the best ones are the bootleg live recordings. are u in Granada? find a place called Eshavira on a Sunday night. i saw Tomatito (Camaron's long-suffering partner-in-grime) there once, he turned up unannounced and played for about 3 hours, the place went craaaazy... wow that's a happy memory. anyway there's good stuff there every Sunday night, they never advertise and it's hard to find so there's hardly any tourists. cheap drinks and quite lairy. young people's flamenco, jazzy flamenco, punk flamenco.. but quite a family-friendly atmosphere... kids running round etc lol

Originally Posted by STN
Camaron is great; where's the best place to get bootlegs of his? I only have one CD of his, and it's not one of his best and I've rinsed it for about ten years.

Originally Posted by Routes:
no idea i bought everything i could find with Tomatito on it from this shop on the corner of Calle Elvira for a couple of euros a time. and there was a dodgy cdr stall in the saturday market at Plaza Trinidad where i got a couple of things. just had a quick look on a popular filesharing website that i never use and there's loads of stuff there... dive in
know what u mean i don't like some of Camaron's stuff .. especially the unfathomably-popular flamenco-fusion crap he did towards the end when he was a hopeless junky. generally his cante jondo stuff is just mad strong... i love the stuff he did with Tomatito the most, this one does me in

faustus

I only know this one:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value=""><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>