rrrivero

yeah I'm making one, gonna take a while though

edit: you got treddin' on thin ice twice there, mate

Last edited:

sus

Appropriating this thread to talk about Pitchfork's death-by-merger into GQ Men's Mag

sus

1705690054829.png

I think it's slightly more complicated but this is part of what happened I think. I saw someone (Dean Kissick?) post screenshots of the top songs of 2023 lists from Pitchfork, The Guardian, NYT. And they were all the same. Lana Del Rey's A&W. Boys A Liar w Ice Spice. Olivia Rodrigo. In other words what Pitchfork stood for, good and bad (and it was certainly both), died a long time ago. This is just tidying up the remains, sweeping the bones from the closet into the earth

sus

I think for various culture war reasons and also basic Brooklyn demographic reasons and also "who would live a destitute lifestyle in a Bed Stuy apartment churning out album reviews for $75 a pop" reasons, the writers at Pitchfork changed in the 2010s, and they brought with them very different ideologies and tastes than had dominated Pitchfork in the 2000s. This is just speculation from the outside, and it's been a long time since I followed the publication closely.

sus

Because as much as like, it's true that Mark Richardson took Tay-Tay's 1989 seriously during his early-10s stewardship, it's also clearly true that the reclamation of Beyonce and Taylor Swift was always an insurgency of a new kind of Young Girl writer-blogger. The 40 year old white men were "with it" because they didn't want to fall behind and be that Old Rockist White Guy at barbeques, but they weren't leading the charge

sus

I'm not being very politically iincorrect which unfortunately means @blissblogger , the only person qualified to correct my sketchy meta-critical impressions, will probably not come correct them, but I hope he does

version

Appropriating this thread to talk about Pitchfork's death-by-merger into GQ Men's Mag

You stupid fucking idiot.

• Sad
Reactions: sus

luka

😮😈🦞

sus

I'm sorry I did a search for Pitchfork and for some reason I didn't see it, probably Sufi misprogrammed the site, the code is all wrong and the search results tore this rift in our friendship, I am sorry friend

craner

Beast of Burden
I'm sorry I did a search for Pitchfork and for some reason I didn't see it, probably Sufi misprogrammed the site, the code is all wrong and the search results tore this rift in our friendship, I am sorry friend

It's too late you're dead meat man version has snapped

version

8bm7vr.gif

• Haha
Reactions: sus