Amerie "1 Thing"

Fiddy

same producer but I actually prefer this. U heard the Eve version or the Jay-Z blend? Nicell (like biggle)

C

captain easychord

CHOOOOON.

i could listen to that meters break for hours.

Dubquixote

Submariner
captain easychord said:
i could listen to that meters break for hours.

Didn't realize that was a Meters sample. They're from DC aren't they? Which makes the tune even more interesting because both Harrison and Amerie are from DC, and it's got a bit of that go-go flavor.

I have to admit when they first started playing that tune on the radio I thought it was J-Lo for the longest time. And Rich Harrison produced her current hit as well so that confused things even further.

G

grosun

Dubquixote said:
Didn't realize that was a Meters sample. They're from DC aren't they? Which makes the tune even more interesting because both Harrison and Amerie are from DC, and it's got a bit of that go-go flavor.

Naaah, they're strictly New Orleans, the meters... loose Louisiana funk. Would've been a good connection otherwise, & you're right about the vague go-go feel!

cooper

we were talking about this in luka's r'n'b thread.

it's that meters break + the "apache" bongos.

jeffthedeaf

First heard it on Rampage's show on 1xtra about 2-3 months ago...absolutely loved it then, finally managed to find it and then I see its coming out and everyone's playing it! So much for being cutting edge...still, Amerie makes up for it by looking hot in that video :eek:

jed_

well, who said it was cutting edge? it doesn't have to be cutting edge to be good or great; at any rate i think it's mighty OVERRATED.

jeffthedeaf

Ha sorry, I didn't mean to insult the track, I meant the fact that i'd heard a track I liked on 1xtra and now everyone knows it... I'm very greedy like that, I like the great tracks to be kept underground! :D

I don't think it's overrated - maybe has Crazy In Love overtones but I think she sounds great on it, real piece of pop-funk

Guybrush

Dittohead
123pn0.jpg

Her new album, Because I Love It, has leaked. The sound quality isn’t the best, but that’s good news, as it means that I can post this link I fished out somewhere, free of guilt.

gumdrops

what amazing legs. and tights.

i like the new single too (been doing the rounds a while i know but i think its better than 1 thing)

stelfox

Beast of Burden
bt "new single" do you mean take control, the one with the big tom ze sample, or do you mean gotta work? both are good, but the latter is quite astounding. it's like one thing but actually a bit better for my money - whopping, huge horns from sam & dave's hold on, i'm coming, amerie doing an absolute tear-out vocal performance and lyrics about something more than hot boys and cristal. it's very, very cool. reviewed it in the forthcoming wire hip-hop column.

mos dan

fact music
Her new album, Because I Love It

Have I gone soft or something, or is this not clearly the album of the year? Can't get enough of it, it's been at the top of my itunes/mp3 player rotations all summer.

Somebody up there must love meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, because he gave me youuuuuuuuuu and that's whyyyyyyyyeeeeee

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
what amazing legs. and tights.

i like the new single too (been doing the rounds a while i know but i think its better than 1 thing)

There is a song in any genre better than 1 Thing?!!

I must get this album as soon as possible.