DJ Shadow Kicked off the decks

IdleRich

IdleRich
Is this old news? I can't listen to the set at work, what's it like?

DJ Shadow was not so warmly received at his show Friday night at the Miami nightclub Mansion, as Pigeons and Planes point out (via FACT). As documented in the video below, a promoter approached Shadow while he spun and whispered in his ear to end the set early. Shadow then said on the mic, "I've waited a long time to play here, but they said this shit is too future for y'all." The crowd is audibly super pissed, with one attendee offering an impassioned "FUCK THAT SHIT!!" repeatedly.
Later, on Twitter, Shadow wrote, "I don't care if I get kicked out of every rich kid club on the planet. I will never sacrifice my integrity as a DJ... ever #AllBassesCovered"
As FACT notes, Mansion took similar issue with a set from Dennis Ferrer in February, cutting his set because his music was allegedly not "commercial enough."

http://pitchfork.com/news/48970-wat...mi-cut-off-by-promoters-for-being-too-future/

blacktulip

Pregnant with mandrakes
Can't believe he is going on about his integrity. I saw him in Glasgow 13, 14 years ago at a word-of-mouth free-entry event that was just an excuse to film him rocking the crowd for a Fosters commercial.

crackerjack

Can't believe he is going on about his integrity. I saw him in Glasgow 13, 14 years ago at a word-of-mouth free-entry event that was just an excuse to film him rocking the crowd for a Fosters commercial.

I'm surprised to read that. Shadow was pretty emphatic back then that he wouldn't do ads, wouldn't lend his music to them. Can't say I ever remember seeing him in one either.

tyranny

I'm surprised to read that. Shadow was pretty emphatic back then that he wouldn't do ads, wouldn't lend his music to them. Can't say I ever remember seeing him in one either.

There was a pretty famous Guinness advert with a DJ Shadow soundtrack not too long after Endtroducing came out...