sadmanbarty

I was supposed to do a UK funky one next, but I got too excited about this.

I got a bit carried away, so its about 3 or 4 times the size of the other playlists (and that's without repeating any riddims), so Mvuent you can skip/do one word entries for loads of them.

This is music of the gods. This is music of mythological proportions. This is music that Thomas Carlyle would be proud of.

Contained within this playlist are epic tales of warfare, revenge and betrayal played out between ‘spartans’, ‘kings’, ‘empires’, ‘gods’, ‘vampires’, 'anti-christs' and ‘devils’.

Ares, Shiva and Odin have made themselves manifest once again in physical form, but this time as auto-tuned terminator cyborgs armed to the teeth with fat ‘matics and ready to destroy anything and anyone in their way. Their bleached skin, golden like the Pharaohs. Their tattooed eyeballs black like the darkest corners of hades.

This is a magic music. A music of “obeah”, “pocomania”, “witchcraft” and “voodoo”.

The world may have moved beyond soul, but the spirits are ascendant...

Gwan Mvuent!

sadmanbarty

Let's just pretend funky never happened

I made a playlist, came up with the thread title. Everything. Then listened to it and thought fuck this, it’s rubbish. I do love it, but is objectively rubbish.

It brings out an interesting dissensus culture war though; between those who see it as an act of cowardly betrayal and those who think it restored balance to the force and mourn its demise.

luka

Dope is magical. Barty got flustered and confused he meant to start with that one, fuck gal and sell Coke

sadmanbarty

I see. I might have been a bit silly putting new stuff and a decade old stuff in a playlist together.

On the other hand it soundtracks me going from a boy to a man. It’s the love of my life and we’re growing togetherp

luka

It's quite interesting this cheap phase production goes through

It's like when you were listening to crowleys rich boys

luka

Everything tinny and cheap. You get these outbreaks of crapness. Which it's possible to be affectionate about but maybe only if you were there at the time

sadmanbarty

By the way Mvuent, don’t let Luke influence how you hear those tracks, they’re wicked. He’s just been listening to pop smoke all night, it’s a bit of big jump from one to the other. Like drinking apple juice after brushing your teeth.