Blood And Fire Message Board RIP?

After all kinds of shenanigans recently, the Blood and Fire message board is no longer there.

Does anyone know if this is because they are providing a new forum or if they have just decided to pull the plug?

Recently it has been getting out of hand on there, with rampant egos, repeated libellous comments and character assasination...

I hope it comes back, because on a good day it's the best source of reggae knowledge around, and an entertaining place to visit.

On a bad day, well...that's another story.

john eden

male pale and stale
It was there 5 minutes ago!

It's been slowing down in terms of loading times recently though... try again later?

Thanks John, I was hoping you might come to my aid.
Whenever I click on the forum I get a message saying "There are no active forums".
Maybe it's a glitch.

Reel's Sherwood Attacks Have Led To The Suspension Of The Board

News

10th November 2004

The message board has been suspended for legal reasons. A certain individual has posted persistent libellous messages against a well known figure on the reggae scene. This person has asked has asked us to remove these libels from our site, and under English law we are obliged to do so. Since these libellous messages appear on an almost daily basis and since we do not have the resources to constantly monitor the board the only way to safeguard ourselves is to suspend the message board until we launch the new website where it will be obligatory to register before being able to post messages. Hopefully the launch of the new site will not be too long now, and in the meantime apologies for any inconvenience.

Bob

Woebot

Mister Lex said:
News

10th November 2004

The message board has been suspended for legal reasons. A certain individual has posted persistent libellous messages against a well known figure on the reggae scene. This person has asked has asked us to remove these libels from our site, and under English law we are obliged to do so. Since these libellous messages appear on an almost daily basis and since we do not have the resources to constantly monitor the board the only way to safeguard ourselves is to suspend the message board until we launch the new website where it will be obligatory to register before being able to post messages. Hopefully the launch of the new site will not be too long now, and in the meantime apologies for any inconvenience.

Bob

shit thats a genuine shame. here's hoping they find a new space soon.

john eden

male pale and stale
I think it's fair to say that most people there recognise the need for some registration and moderation!

john eden

male pale and stale
Hmmm.... where shall my evil plans to close down decent internet message boards lead me next?

cackle cackle

I've felt a lot more at home here than on the B&F site recently.
Let's hope the new forum is a bit more focused.
I do worry about the mental health of some of the people on there recently. Seriously.

john eden

male pale and stale
I think a lot of people on there invest way too much in it, personally - hence all those posts demanding people stop posting off topic posts!

Lots of great generous knowledgeable people on there as well tho and I would include Penny Reel in that, but he does make more sense if you've met him as people say...