Durrty Goodz

Woebot

He fucked up and switched to Brit-Hop, got Fallacy's producer Fusion to make him a flat-kinda tune called "Boom Boom" which isnt out yet. Is now (i reckon) in one of those major-label-endorsed quiet periods, where he'll only release a record with (ineffectual) PR and a poor video. I give him one year like this before everyone forgets about him.

Its a complete tragedy as far as I'm concerned. He was one of the voices.

gabriel

The Heatwave
yeah having been one of the mcs i liked the sound of most over the last couple of years, i saw him at that i-d thing at cargo at easter and was hugely disappointed, he was doing really boring hip hop stuff. ho hum.

SMorlighem

Holy Shit. What a waste. 'Hold Me Down' is definitely a fantastic classic. What are his other great tracks (not talking about 'Back to School' & 'Gimme Dat', which I thought, listening again this week-end, were more hip-hoppy) ?

S

simon silverdollar

SMorlighem said:
What are his other great tracks (not talking about 'Back to School' & 'Gimme Dat', which I thought, listening again this week-end, were more hip-hoppy) ?

he did a track called 'stretch' with Dizzee, and he did 'blackman freestyle' as well.

boomnoise

♫
Info c/o Lord of the Decks 3 -

New mixtape soon called 'The Durrty World'

Apparently he's mainly been 'cootchin''

Album's coming along well - he's sitting on about two albums worth of tracks.

As well as his album he's going to do a CD with UK talent.

But 'they don't know!'

Fiddy

Don't get it twisted with Doogz. That tune with Fallacy (which I actually like) is at least 18 months old if not older. The Durrty Whirl mixtape sampler is him riding mainly old skool hip hop beats. Due to transistions he's been going through with management and such he did that mixtape all himself as something to keep people going. The record company are letting him get on and do his thing and one thing I've learnt with Doogz (who I can't get used to calling Goodz) is he keeps his work underwraps. He's no longer working with his old producers, although I'm not at liberty to say who he's now working with. He's always been keen to distance himself from grime as it's not his thing, regardless of whether I'm going to like the new music or not I respect the fact that he's been real to himself and the music he wants to do.

mos dan

fact music
well whaddyaknow, the search function works :)

i know this got mentioned in the rolling thread, but on last night's evidence goodz *definitely* deserves his own thread. the man was just on a completely different level.

http://dot-alt.blogspot.com/2007/06/ridin-durrty.html

like everyone was saying on rwd, whoever's on next week must be absoluting crapping themselves.. the dexterity and variety of goodz' flow is what everyone in grime should be striving for.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
amazing interview, one of logan's best. Goodz' beats and bars are next level right now... and interestingly, it looks like he chose Peverelist, Coki and Bass Clef beats for this EP...

gumdrops

amazing interview, one of logan's best. Goodz' beats and bars are next level right now... and interestingly, it looks like he chose Peverelist, Coki and Bass Clef beats for this EP...

not heard the new songs or the interview yet but i think thats kinda cool hes picking unexpected producers to work with... better than using the same old producers as everyone else.

evergreen

the Axiom songs are flat-out amazing. but where is "Switching Songs Pt. 1" getting released?

also, LOL at the MC Hot Wheels line :D

he's a virtuoso.