FORCE-INC., Mille Plateux, Ritornel, etc

zhao

there are no accidents
anyone know what happened to this family of labels??? did Achim finally go completely bankrupt? what a shame... if that's the case I am truly saddened... if I was rich I'd send him some money.

mms

sometimes
yep efa went bust and killed or harmed some labels in their wake .
not really impressed by the new mille plateaux family - the discoey comp they released first was not really any better than euro trance rubbish and the new plateaux resistance lp was just old mille plateaux stuff, nothing had really changed.

ambrose

when mille plateaux went down, obviously they took their designers with them, cos the artwork to that disco inc stuff is unbelievably horrible. im not even really convicned that they are actually related at all....

Tim F

It's amusing to read the cybertheory blurb for a house comp with Tube & Berger's "Straight Ahead" on it - and people complain about ornate grime bloggaz!

Mika

Sexy!

Yeah, totally.

I love that after a paragraph of describing 'sex-machines', 'monads', 'recycled techniques' and the 'contingent and generative effects', etc. etc. - it finally gets to the point, "we love dynamic sampling."

But, you know, Achim's always been like that... isn't there some story about him sending Felix Guattari a sampler of Mille Plateaux stuff with some lengthy piece of theoretical meandering, only to be send a response "I'm not sure that you understand our work, but it's nice music you're making."

zhao

there are no accidents
Mika said:
Yeah, totally.

isn't there some story about him sending Felix Guattari a sampler of Mille Plateaux stuff with some lengthy piece of theoretical meandering, only to be send a response "I'm not sure that you understand our work, but it's nice music you're making."

ah hahaha! :D

but I'm really going to miss the Ritornel series... fine releases altogether, except for 1 or 2 which were unlistenable.