bang out of order

labrat

hot on the heels of love
Bit sad it's gone but I do like these out of nowhere and straight back there.(Recommended it on the blogs worth a look thread).

comparible to marcello carlin's Joe Meek thang another great bit of speculative fiction.

k-punk

Spectres of Mark
It's brilliant, this.... captures something about that period of the early eighties... and laugh-out-loud funny in parts...

john eden

male pale and stale
Yeah - I like the anonymity of it all as well. I got the zine version sent to me a while back with no contact details etc. Scrappily produced A5 booklet with a blue cover and some photocopies of Whitehouse ephemera to illustrate the text.

Whoever did it should do more, that's for sure.

john eden

male pale and stale
Yeah the Australian Whitehouse thing is from about 10 years ago, I think it was in the anthology that Spare Change Press did of punk fiction. Plus it's on one of the spoken word CDs. I don't think "bang out of order" is by him though because I've talked about this stuff with Stewart and he's not into it enough to have written the "postscript" imo... (obviously it's inspired by his early fiction though, yeah).

However - blog entry coming soon about a drink I had with a bloke recently who is part of a whole network of people who reckon Stewart is in the frame for that "belle du jour" blog/book. (Which again I don't think is by him, but there are admirable levels of obsession at work :) )

Also - I mentioned this in my review i think, some of "bang" also appeared in the fake Stewart Home novel called "Stone Circle" which a few people put together around the same time.

martin

----
Is it not Simon Morris from Ceramic Hobs? (apologies to him if it isn't)

I've definitely seen the Consumer Electronics part of the postscript before, somewhere, in a slightly extended form, with extra info on Phil Best - including an anecdote about him goading his girlfriend's parents by saying "Girls are only good for tying up and wanking over", or something similar

Last edited: