! رمضان كريم Ramadhan Karim!

sufi

lala
ramadhan.jpg

! رمضان كريم = Happy Ramadhan !

the islamic month of fasting & contemplation started this morning ...

really my favorite time of year, far preferable to the concentrated frenzy of Xmas excess
this year i shall be comtemplating giving up fags - Allah be merciful!

Last edited:

rewch

eek

fighting talk is right...but we are all supportive of your efforts to overcome the iniquitous nicotine...

mms

sometimes
sufi said:
cos it's that time of year again
mooncresc.jpg

SEASON'S GREETINGS TO ALL DISSENSITES!

i remember you saying tha last time! about the fags! :)

Last edited:

Woebot

thanks sufi! thanks USER1000!

theres a super symmetry there.

we're 1 years old julian calender stylee on 12th October. but ramadan HAS to be a less prosaic marker.

peace and love to everyone (sheds tear)

stelfox

Beast of Burden
just out of interest, who is actually muslim here? i'm guessing beware is.
i was in jordan for ramadan a few years back, staying with a muslim family. they said i could eat if i wanted to, me being an agnostic/recovering catholic/spiritual retard, but that would have been cruel, so i fasted.
to be honest, i found the massive amount of eating for breakfast and dinner alot harder than the lack of food during the day.
it was a pretty nice feeling by the end and you did actually tend to find yourself thinking of all sorts of other stuff to take your mind off being hungry. a pretty pleasantly reflective time.

Badmarsh

stelfox said:
just out of interest, who is actually muslim here? i'm guessing beware is.
i was in jordan for ramadan a few years back, staying with a muslim family. they said i could eat if i wanted to, me being an agnostic/recovering catholic/spiritual retard, but that would have been cruel, so i fasted.
to be honest, i found the massive amount of eating for breakfast and dinner alot harder than the lack of food during the day.
it was a pretty nice feeling by the end and you did actually tend to find yourself thinking of all sorts of other stuff to take your mind off being hungry. a pretty pleasantly reflective time.

I'm Muslim! Out to the Sufi and everyone else fasting.

sufi

lala
well it's that time of year again for the 6756th time it's AKITU!!!
my homeys at http://www.qeenatha.com/forums/index.php?automodule=gallery&cmd=si&img=48 send greetings
how the assyrian community feel about the situation in the tigris/euphrates navel of civilisation at this time - as in order to escape the ravages of saddam they've mostly moved on to safer climes such as ealing as far as i know, & as i think they've mostly resigned themselves to not worrying whether they will ever even see assyria again but that's quite another matter... :(

Guybrush

Dittohead
Hey, it’s that merry time of the year again! Since I’m living with a guy from Syria (although he is unwavering about his actually being Palestinian, his parents having been exiled during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War) at the moment, I actually get to experience it first hand. Sadly, except for the calendar taped onto the refrigerator, stipulating at which time Allah deems it pious to eat, it’s pretty much business as usual and nowhere near the carnival of exoticness for which I was secretly hoping.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Since I’m living with a guy from Syria (although he is unwavering about his actually being Palestinian, his parents having been exiled during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War) at the moment, I actually get to experience it first hand.
Are you fasting as well then?