Dub Conference @ Plastic People 29th Sept

john eden

male pale and stale
From the Roots Studio people, this looks like a goodie:

rs_logo.gif

Thursday 29th September

Dub Conference - Part 2
Bigfoot (Station FM 89.8) with resident sounds by Channel One.

At Plastic People, 147 Curtain Road, Shoreditch, London, EC2, 10pm-2am

Dunno what gate pressure is but probably not all that expensive. I'm going down to take some photos as they liked the ones of I did of Channel One before. :cool:

Anyone fancy it?

matt b

Indexing all opinion
bloody londoncentric channel 1 photo pressure ;) (congrats john!).

for all the northerners, THIS will be the dance of the year:

friday 22nd october 2005
subdub
channel one vs iration steppas soundsystem
leeds west indian social centre, laycock place, chapeltown, leeds

last years was most excellent- see you there, but only jah know.

Last edited:

john eden

male pale and stale
matt b said:
bloody londoncentric channel 1 photo pressure ;) (congrats john!).

I hope my tiny camera can stand the BASS PRESSURE... I'd love to get to Sub Dub at some point, Matt - it would be fantastic to see Iration on home territory...

matt b

Indexing all opinion
john eden said:
I hope my tiny camera can stand the BASS PRESSURE... ...

lol. although, channel one are one of the quietest (in a soundsystem relativism fashion) sounds around- mikey dread goes for a more lush sound, which frankly at my age my ears revel in.

john eden said:
I'd love to get to Sub Dub at some point, Matt - it would be fantastic to see Iration on home territory...

you're more than welcome to make a real world visit john- its a wicked night, always rammed and mark's enthusiasm is infectious. too many students of their tits on 'e' sometimes, but you can always find a speaker stack to get away from them. it LOUD.

sufi

lala
wish i could reach...

ears still bleeding (literally :eek: ) from aba shanti at the weekend....

nex time?

john eden

male pale and stale
normal_bigfoot.jpg

Bigfoot from Station FM.

Aaaagh! This morning I have to proof-read a load of regulations.

That just isn't going to go very well. :D

Was Shanti at the Brixton Rec? It's good what the University of Dub people are doing, but I can't face going there again unless it's something really special. Was talking about this last night though and someone said Jah Youth are really worth checking out...

Last edited:

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
So, was it good then? :)

I normally see Irations in a little community centre in Nether Edge / Heeley and it's always a FANTASTIC night of deep, spiritual ragga techno and roots. Bass you can live in, bass that stays with you forever after.

john eden

male pale and stale
It was pretty good... I had to leave at about 12:30 when it was just getting going really. A few too many UK productions for my likiing and not enough JA... Bigfoot played loads and loads of female vocals which was... brave, but actually worked quite well.

Plus I met a bloke from the B&F board who is organising a little dance up in Stoke Newington shortly with his valve soundsystem he's built with his mates...