DUB WAR III - Kode 9, Joe Nice, Dave Q - Rothko, NYC

Dubquixote

Submariner
DUB WAR III

Friday, November 18
ROTHKO, lower east side, NYC
DJ's: Kode 9 (Hyperdub, Rephlex Records, London, UK)
Joe Nice (GourmetBeats, 2 Charming, Baltimore)
Dave Q (Brooklyn, NY, Dub War resident)
Others to be announced soon...

NYC's first dubstep night goes extra large, moving to Rothko in Manhattan. And to celebrate we're bringing none other than London's DJ KODE 9 for his first NY appearance! Expect the hyperdub sound the way it's supposed to be heard: on a massive system.

Also teaming up with Kode 9 will be El Presidente of dubstep in the U.S., Mr. JOE NICE repping Baltimore and making his 3rd appearance at DUB WAR. You know what it is. Strictly dubplate pressure!

I'll be holding it down as always. Expect full details and roster coming soon. We're talking 2 floors of music, special guest DJ's, the works. Stay tuned for complete details...

polystyle

C'mon Kode

Aha , just found this note.
Woo , ok , I'm jotting this down

And looking forward to a Rothko system that's 'massive',
did they get a new ?

Keep it up DQ

Dubquixote

Submariner
I ain't mad at ya pd :)

Not sure what happened with the Rothko system myself, but I do know that I've been over there for Direct Drive a few times recently and the sound was ripe. Either they worked out some wrinkles or dnb Dj's just know how to push the system to fill the room.

dev79

this night is gonna be fire. anyone in the area- don't sleep on this...

i will be in the downstairs room droppin grime, chock full of slit jockey exclusives, so come by n say what up.

Dubquixote

Submariner
oops before i forget...

flyerfull.gif

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
the rothko system is definitely capable of a lot more than it is allowed to express, the main variable is the sound man and how loud he will let you go. They have neighbor problems so that's the limiting factor and depending on how cool the sound man is he might let you push it a bit or turn you down.

SoulfireCrew

SIZZLE said:
the rothko system is definitely capable of a lot more than it is allowed to express, the main variable is the sound man and how loud he will let you go. They have neighbor problems so that's the limiting factor and depending on how cool the sound man is he might let you push it a bit or turn you down.
tomorrow night! big!